PDA

View Full Version : Would you let your 9-10yo go to a zombie party?

missym
10-08-2012, 11:46 AM
My DD and her friends have been plotting for weeks to make a zombie movie. They spend lunch time and recess working on the script. It's pretty well plotted out by this point, and sounds a lot like a Scooby Doo episode. :wink2: So, not too scary and no gore.

I'd like to let her host a party where they could get made up and run around the house and yard filming. Then maybe we can watch a not-too-scary movie. There's lots of fun zombie-themed party stuff at Oriental Trading. I'd emphasize to the parents that we're going for PG-rated fun, but most of these folks don't know us. Would you let your kid go?

nellonello
10-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Absolutely.
Just give the parents an idea of the party ideas and if there is a movie, what you are watching.
Have fun with this!!!

Giantbear
10-08-2012, 12:01 PM
only if i could go too, it sounds too fun to miss

SnuggleBuggles
10-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Ds1 would love it.

mom2khj
10-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Yes. DD1 would love it! They all did something very similar at her bday party this weekend!

HannaAddict
10-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Yes! My kids would like it. And I wouldn't be horrified.y SIL might be though!

JElaineB
10-08-2012, 12:59 PM
From what you describe, absolutely.

hillview
10-08-2012, 01:23 PM
sure along as i knew it wasn't too scary and ds wanted to go

KDsMommy
10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
I'd definitely let them go, sounds fun!

rlu
10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
I think if you make the "scooby-doo like" reference it could allay some potential concerns. I know when I read your title I was thinking no, but at the scooby mention I totally relaxed.

ellies mom
10-08-2012, 02:35 PM
My daughter would love that! I'd let her go in a heart beat. Just reading the title, my thought was "young kid" zombie party (about 9-10), sure I'd let her go but I'd probably balk at an older teen/adult style zombie party (ie more gory).

hellokitty
10-08-2012, 03:00 PM
I would. My kids don't really know anything about zombie movies, but they love that game, "plants vs. zombies," so they think zombies are great.

KpbS
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I would not allow it unless I knew you AND knew that you were designing it to be age appropriate "scary" not true scary Halloween stuff. DS1 would be all over it though. ;)

s7714
10-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Yes, sounds like a fun idea!

Corie
10-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Yes, my 10 yr. old daughter would love to go and so would my
7 yr. old son!!

Just let me know when/where... :)

janeybwild
10-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Given the way you described it, absolutely. Sounds like fun!

niccig
10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
I think if you make the "scooby-doo like" reference it could allay some potential concerns. I know when I read your title I was thinking no, but at the scooby mention I totally relaxed.

:yeahthat: DS enjoys scooby doo, but real zombie horror would terrify him. It depends on the kid. Friends of ours go all out for Halloween and DS at 6 yo came running out of bathroom scared because of the severed hand in the bath tub. Several kids were fine with it, but just as many were not. Our friends were surprised that some kids didn't like it.

I think if you explain in the invite what you will allow, name the movie you'll show and tell them to call you if they're worried about scariness level, that will help.

kboyle
10-10-2012, 02:53 PM
ABSOLUTELY!! makes me want to talk my boys and his friends into making up a movie so i can throw a party!

MelissaTC
10-10-2012, 04:45 PM
My son would love it!

Fairy
10-10-2012, 04:50 PM
My DD and her friends have been plotting for weeks to make a zombie movie. They spend lunch time and recess working on the script. It's pretty well plotted out by this point, and sounds a lot like a Scooby Doo episode. :wink2: So, not too scary and no gore.

I'd like to let her host a party where they could get made up and run around the house and yard filming. Then maybe we can watch a not-too-scary movie. There's lots of fun zombie-themed party stuff at Oriental Trading. I'd emphasize to the parents that we're going for PG-rated fun, but most of these folks don't know us. Would you let your kid go?

Absolutely, I totally would!!! You describe something very age-appropriate, timely for the season, supvervised, and creative! So flippin' fun.

wendmatt
10-10-2012, 04:55 PM
:yeahthat: DS enjoys scooby doo, but real zombie horror would terrify him. It depends on the kid. Friends of ours go all out for Halloween and DS at 6 yo came running out of bathroom scared because of the severed hand in the bath tub. Several kids were fine with it, but just as many were not. Our friends were surprised that some kids didn't like it.

I think if you explain in the invite what you will allow, name the movie you'll show and tell them to call you if they're worried about scariness level, that will help.

Same here, at first I thought no, but after reading your post I thought yes of course. So in the invites you should def mention age appropriateness....sounds like fun. I just told dd about it and she said how weird, some girls in her class are trying to write a zombie movie right now too (4th grade), must be something about zombies and 4th graders!

missym
10-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks, everyone! We're going for it. I designed the invitations today. We're going to allow 3 hours for makeup/filming/running around playing zombie. Then we'll feed them all pizza and watch Monster House. Wish us luck - mixed gender party of 4th graders, should be interesting!

Fairy
10-10-2012, 04:59 PM
So frickin' fun! Have a fantastic time!

gatorsmom
10-10-2012, 05:05 PM
I would not allow it unless I knew you AND knew that you were designing it to be age appropriate "scary" not true scary Halloween stuff. DS1 would be all over it though. ;)
:yeahthat: once I knew what you had planned I'd ok it in a heartbeat. And my boys would be talking about it nonstop!

reneed
10-10-2012, 09:52 PM
I hope I don't sound awful but I would let my 6 year old go!

missym
10-11-2012, 08:10 AM
I hope I don't sound awful but I would let my 6 year old go!

Well, full disclosure, her 7yo sister will be there and is lobbying to be one of the zombies. :wink2: A friend is coming over to help, and I'm pretty sure there will be a zombie toddler, too.

ellies mom
10-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Well, full disclosure, her 7yo sister will be there and is lobbying to be one of the zombies. :wink2: A friend is coming over to help, and I'm pretty sure there will be a zombie toddler, too.

Well, I know my four year old would be horribly bummed if she wasn't invited.