PDA

View Full Version : Please explain Monster High dolls to me...

Tinkerbell313
10-08-2012, 03:31 PM
DD8 wants some Monster High dolls. I know they were popular last year...and based on what I see...they are going to be popular again. I don't have a problem with her having them (as they seem to wear more clothing then some of our Barbie dolls).

One of the dolls she wanted is Lagoona Blue...which I found with no problem...but there were 2 of them...in different outfits....different boxes. She has also asked for Clawdeen.

I know some stores have specifics such as Target having Threaderella, Snow Bite...etc.

I know they are just dolls...but how do the collections work? Are some more popular then others...and why??

Thank you.

cuca_
10-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't have any answers for you, but will be following this thread. My DD2 has them on her wish list. I know nothing about them and think they are odd looking. They do remind me a little bit of Bratz dolls -- and those are not allowed in our house. But I might be wrong. I haven't really paid close attention.

Tinkerbell313
10-09-2012, 09:58 AM
I don't have any answers for you, but will be following this thread. My DD2 has them on her wish list. I know nothing about them and think they are odd looking. They do remind me a little bit of Bratz dolls -- and those are not allowed in our house. But I might be wrong. I haven't really paid close attention.

Well, I hope someone can help us. We do not have Bratz dolls...the name just turns me off. I have looked for info on other boards but can't seem to find much. I have looked at the Monster Doll website...it provides me the names of all the dolls. However, it doesn't seem to explain the different series for each...if that makes any sense.

KHF
10-12-2012, 03:47 PM
I know some...we have about 10 Monster High dolls. My DD likes them more than Barbie. I won't allow Bratz dolls, but for some reason I really like the Monster High dolls. I have no idea why. Perhaps because I like supernatural-type stuff :)

There are the main line of dolls, which usually come with a journal, a stand, a brush and a "pet" of some kind. Those are usually around $22-23 unless on sale. There are other dolls that are from lines like "Skull Shores" (which has a movie that goes with it) and "Ghoul Rules" (I think there is a movie coming out for that too). Those types are in the narrower boxes and cost around $14-15 regular price.

There are usually some hard-to-find dolls. I know last year's was Abbey Bominable...I scored that one from Amazon for $18 :) Overall, I like them and don't have any issues with them. Their quality has been good, though they are a bit more delicate than Barbies. They can be put back together easily though.

I have to watch which ones I buy though because my DD likes to brush their hair and some of the dolls have styled, stiff hair that won't brush.

Hope this helps a little.

ETA: They are not for everyone...my DD's best friend calls them "Scary Barbies."

Tinkerbell313
10-18-2012, 02:59 PM
There are usually some hard-to-find dolls. I know last year's was Abbey Bominable...I scored that one from Amazon for $18 :) Overall, I like them and don't have any issues with them. Their quality has been good, though they are a bit more delicate than Barbies. They can be put back together easily though.

I just saw Abbey Bominable and just walked right on by. Ughhh.