PDA

View Full Version : Homeland (no spoilers . . . yet)

Kindra178
10-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Is anyone watching? Last night's episode was insanely good. I was a little disappointed after last week's episode, after looking forward to it for six months. Anyone want to discuss?

kdeunc
10-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Just watched last nights episode. DH and I really like this show. Looks like it will be a good season.

SnuggleBuggles
10-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Loved last night's ending. I appreciate that things keep moving along.

american_mama
10-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I love Homeland and read several review/comments about last night's episode. I actually liked the first episode better, don't know why, maybe just excited to be watching the show again. Definitely liked the scene in the garage in Episode 1 with Brody's wife. I thought Brody sucked in episode 2, all naive and "I can't do this" like he can be off the hook with Nazir if he just suddenly whines about how hard it is, plus the key thing he did would not have actually been possible in real life, and was not even likely within the show's universe. I mean, when did he get the direct line like that? Why now when the first season showed the many elaborate and indirect special arrangements made for them to communicate? Also didn't like what a poor liar he was to Mike and his fellow Marines. We know Brody is a superb liar, so where was all that in this episode?

Don't like what seems to be starting with VP's son and Dana. I mean, their interaction was fun, but it seems to be laying the groundwork for a teen romance and I just don't watch this show for that. Also don't like the increasing characterization of Jess as a somewhat superficial political wife who likes the attention and social circle of him being a politician.

I did like the scenes in Beirut, the way Carrie repeatedly delivered the goods but screwed up at the same time, delivering the typical mix of Carrie gold and Carrie s*** and explaining why it's so hard to work with her, plus so hard not to.

One of the comment pages mentioned the CIA extraction guy who found car and brought her back to the car, plus I think talked to Saul in another scene or two. The comment noted that he was cute, somehow appealing, and had lines, so wondered if we'd see him more in the future. I agree and think it's a good question.

Prediction: Mike is going to guess at too much in the future and Brody is going to end up killing him. Saul can't trust the VP or CIA guy with the info about Brody, so he's going to try and ensare Brody, either independently or with Carrie's help. Not sure if he'll just try and get Brody as a terrorist (probably that) or if he'll try and enlist Brody's help in getting the VP and the CIA guy as war criminals. eta: Hah, I am naive, thinking it's all about crime and punishment of the bad guys. After reading some more, I think Saul, possibly using Carrie, will recruit Brody as a double agent to get Nazir and/or the politicians too. And if, down the line, Saul is ever found to be the mole, than Brody will have been triply used.

Gracemom
11-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Anyone still watching Homeland? I enjoyed last night's episode. Where is Brody going?? And what do you think about Carrie and her "romantic" interests in Brody? Is she playing him or does she have feelings for him? So curious what other people think.

american_mama: I hope Saul is not a mole. I love him! But I thought about it too. Is there a Homeland discussion forum out there?

Kindra178
11-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Anyone still watching Homeland? I enjoyed last night's episode. Where is Brody going?? And what do you think about Carrie and her "romantic" interests in Brody? Is she playing him or does she have feelings for him? So curious what other people think.

american_mama: I hope Saul is not a mole. I love him! But I thought about it too. Is there a Homeland discussion forum out there?

Amazing episode last night. I was pacing around watching it . . .