PDA

View Full Version : s/o funky weird stuff: Tarot card readings?

AbbysMom
10-08-2012, 08:45 PM
I saw Fairy's post on ghosts as I was watching Medium and got a FB invite to a Tarot Card Reading party - I figured it was a sign to post here about it!

Anyone had their tarot cards read? Do you believe? Was it was helpul to you? I generally feel superstititous and don't participate.

zoestargrove
10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
I had my tarot cards read once for fun. I didn't feel as if I heard anything earth shattering or revealing, but the questions and topics that came up did give me an opportunity to look at aspects of my life with fresh eyes which was interesting and in some cases helpful.

elliput
10-08-2012, 09:23 PM
I have several Tarot decks, but have not actually read cards in probably 8 or so years. Just like anything, what you put into it is what you get out of it. :) You can believe the cards, or you can believe it is entertainment. Your choice, neither is wrong, IMO.

Mermanaid
10-08-2012, 10:23 PM
I've had my cards read twice. The first time was very eerie as she nailed certain things. I mean nailed them dead on. We were in NOLA on a work trip and wandered out into the city when we found her. I still think about the things she said and wonder how she really knew.

The second time was in NOLA again. She told me a few things that struck home but everything was much more nebulous.

The craziest reading I've ever had wasn't tarot though. It was a woman who took a print of our hand and read it on paper. She got quite a few things dead on as well. Hello how would she know I was sooo goal oriented just by looking at my hand print?!! It was disconcerting and amazing all at the same time.

I love it for the entertainment value!

crl
10-08-2012, 11:19 PM
I haven't ever done anything like that. I would likely participate for the entertainment value.

Catherine