PDA

View Full Version : How early do you order your holiday cards, & what's your price range?

ourbabygirl
10-08-2012, 09:12 PM
If you don't mind me asking. :loveeyes:

I usually order mine sometime in early to mid-November and send them out the week or two after Thanksgiving. Of course, I don't remember what I've paid the last few years (I usually do Target but did a Groupon-type random one last year). Shutterfly sent me an e-mail that they're 40% off until Thursday, and I'm wondering if those (sale) prices are even good, and how quickly I could possibly get one done of our family.

How about you? Do you have yours done already? :bowdown: if so! Care to share about how much you pay per card? The ones I'm looking at on the Shutterfly site are around 1.59-1.79 per card, I think. Are they good quality?

Thanks in advance!

katydid1971
10-08-2012, 09:27 PM
What is the coupon code for that? I only found 20% off.

wifecat
10-08-2012, 09:30 PM
I had a groupon for mixbook that expired Oct. 1. I bought a photo book and some holiday cards, and I like them. Their cards were more expensive than I would have liked, but since I had the groupon it was fine. Normally I'm not done with them this early!

ourbabygirl
10-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Sorry- code is GETMYCARDS (supposed to work on all cards).

wellyes
10-08-2012, 09:36 PM
I wait til there is a free offer by watching Sickdeals! Usually I get them printed, delivered and out by dec 5.

ZeeBaby
10-08-2012, 09:53 PM
We use Costco. Last year we did 75 cards for $20-30. Can't remember which.

blisstwins
10-08-2012, 10:15 PM
This is a luxury I love. I have always enjoyed "doing" Christmas cards and look forward to sending them. I also save everyone else's photocards and they really put me in the mood. I ordered from Minted this year, though I used inababycarriage.com for years. I just wish they had newer designs because the owner is lovely. I had a coupon for 20% off minted and paid about 1.70 a card--more than I like, but OK. I finished last night and have not received the card yet. I liked that I could write a paragraph on the back and not have to debate with myself over whether or not I should write a letter to enclose with the card. This way was short, sweet, and fun.

candaceb
10-09-2012, 10:15 AM
I shoot for paying an average of $1/card for card stock photo cards. 2 years ago they all came from Tiny Prints, and last year I had a combination of Tiny Prints and Shutterfly. I try to get the order done by black friday.

AnnieW625
10-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the code. I just made a dummy card (will replace with the real photos when I get home) and the cost was $45.99 for 75 cards (including $8 for shipping, and $3.25 for tax). I will compare that with Costco as well, but I usually don't like much Costco has to offer. This is .61 per card.

I also like to make my cards as well, but when I do that I spend about $1 per card, but with labor it works out to being a bit more. I usually only make cards when I don't have cute photos of the girls. This year I don't have that excuse:).

daisysmom
10-09-2012, 11:38 AM
We have always done shutterfly (8 years - some just our dogs and 5 with DD). I like their quality - maybe not awesome but they are the norm for what we tend to get. We get 200 cards so our price does end up being discounted. I put them in the mail ususally the week after Thanksgiving. Now that my DD is a bit older and not changing in looks that much as the seasons change (versus when she was a baby or toddler), I may use a summer picture.