PDA

View Full Version : bathtub mat to prevent slipping

Globetrotter
10-09-2012, 12:46 AM
We have a mat with suction cups but two adults have slipped despite it, so we really need a better solution that is easy to keep clean.

Any ideas?

smiles33
10-09-2012, 01:00 AM
I hate mats (because they get slimy, because they never stay suctioned, because they feel funny under my feet, etc.) so I buy those non-slip adhesive stickers. Just got 2 sets of clear lines from Amazon, but they also have cute animal shaped ones if you were considering use in a kids' bathroom. Cheap, reasonably unobtrusive (yes, you can still see the clear ones but they're not garish), and effective!

kcimato
10-09-2012, 10:02 AM
I don't like mats either, but 6 mos ago I slipped and fell getting out of the tub. I went out and bought one the next day. I got it at BBB. It is a rubber one and about 3 or 4 feet long. A good length of the tub. It does have suction cups but just make sure you press them all down. I have not had a problem with it slipping. Yes, it is a pain to clean and can get moldy on the bottom, but worth it. It's heavy too.

Globetrotter
10-09-2012, 01:49 PM
We have one of those suction cup mats but it still slipped. Maybe it wasn't down properly.