PDA

View Full Version : Back to work Configuration and Booster Questions

infocrazy
10-09-2012, 01:40 PM
My maternity leave is coming to an end and I am heading back to work on Monday. :cry:

DH and I are off shift. He drives a 2005 Toyota Tundra with the full backseat. He will rarely have the boys (I drive them to school), but will have the younger two. SO, he will have the base for the Combi Connection, and probably a FF RA for DD. I plan to put a HBB in there (middle?) in case he gets a sick call from school and weekends. (If we know he will have all four home, we will switch cars in the morning).

Questions:
1. If I put an FR85 in for DD (2.5, 36", 27 lbs), can DS2 use it as a booster?

2. Would you be okay with DS2 (5.25, 46", 48 lbs) riding home in the carpool in a backless booster--through the neighborhood, less than 1/2 mile? It will be much easier for her to deal with, particularly since she is out of carseats. *side note* DS2 somehow consistently has the shoulder come out of the HBTB...so annoying...why is that happening?

3. I know it has been discussed, but I am search challenged, I would like to put a third booster in my Ody 2009 third row. I currently have a HBTB and a backless Graco in there. I have heard Harmony. Will I need to switch out all the seats, or just get one? How about that inflatable one that's name is escaping me at present...?

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
10-10-2012, 08:25 AM
bumping for later or for someone more clever than me while I wait for my coffee to work :loveeyes:

legaleagle
10-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Questions:
1. If I put an FR85 in for DD (2.5, 36", 27 lbs), can DS2 use it as a booster?

Thanks!

If you mean, can he sit in it and just buckle the seatbelt over, no, you have to a least flip the foot forward and maybe remove the harness to use as a booster.