PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland at Christmas--ok or BAD idea??

StantonHyde
10-09-2012, 11:33 PM
DH suddenly has Dec 25-Jan 1 off--this has never happened before. I am seriously entertaining the idea of Disneyland--fly in Dec 27 fly out Dec 31. Stay at the Marriott Residence Inn Maingate. We did that length of trip/hotel 5 years ago and it was great. But--at that time of year?? Will it be awful?? I just don't know. Thoughts???

elektra
10-10-2012, 12:24 AM
We went two years ago that week between Christmas and New Years and it was the most crowded it has ever been when I was there. I think BIL said it was almost a record.
I do think it will be awful unfortunately. :/
It could have been a fluke but I think it is generally very crowded around that time.

queenmama
10-10-2012, 12:29 AM
It is super crazy at Christmas. I love it, DH does not. :D

Fairy
10-10-2012, 12:37 AM
TERRIBLE IDEA. If massive crowds do not bother you -- you may not be able to get fast passes for the popular stuff, and that will mean 2 hour lines for Toy Story, Space Mountain, and the other popular ones -- then go for it. Seirously, if it just doesn't bother you, then you should do it. I think it was miserable when we went at spring break -- never again as long as i live.

lalasmama
10-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Just jumping on the bandwagon to say that it's a busy busy day/time to go! Kids are off on winter breaks, many locals have built Disneyland on Christmas into a tradition as well... and there's been several years where they hit, or nearly hit, capacity on Christmas day itself.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. And that's coming from a person who braved Leap Day (when they hit capacity and turned people away) for the whole day and most of that night... I love Disneyland. I want to get married at Disneyland. Disneyland isn't just a place to me, it's "home." And even I wouldn't do Disneyland on Christmas vacation, LOL! I just wouldn't be able to handle the lines!

sariana
10-10-2012, 03:32 AM
The crowds will be awful.

BUT

Disneyland at Christmastime is beautiful.

It looks as though your kids are old enough to understand the concept of waiting in line and also to get some enjoyment just from LOOKING at things and not always DOING things. And if you go for 2-3 days, you don't have to be quite so rushed.

Soooo, it really depends on what you hope to get out of the trip. I wouldn't write it off completely.

TwinFoxes
10-10-2012, 04:04 AM
It will be super crowded, but since that's your only chance to go I say give it a shot. Disneyland is beautiful at Christmas. Be sure to get there at park opening.

Tondi G
10-10-2012, 03:22 PM
That is THE busiest week of the year at Disneyland. We went once and vowed to never go at that time again. It was so crowded there were people literally falling over the front of our stroller while walking in the crowd. The lines that should be 10 minutes are an hour or more long. Just not fun if you ask me!