PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr..group that can't organize themselves out of a paperbag

niccig
10-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Group of mums have been trading emails about getting together. It seems the consensus is for next Friday, but there's been no set place or time. One person (she likes to set things to suit her) hasn't responded.

I want to know are we getting together or not. I emailed once saying "so when and where?" No response from anyone. Next week isn't great week for me and I would like to know if I'm going to be home on Friday evening to do things or out with the group. No one likes to plan ahead or has my schedule, they are more flexible.

Can I nudge again for a decision or just let it go, plan that I'm going and if it gets cancelled (very likely with this group), I get an extra evening to get work done.

It just annoys me no end.

waitingforgrace
10-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Why don't you just pick when and where? That's probably what I would do if I really wanted it to get put together. Otherwise just wait and see. I have a group that's like that and I pretty much always have to say when and where or nobody does and it falls apart.

niccig
10-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Why don't you just pick when and where? That's probably what I would do if I really wanted it to get put together. Otherwise just wait and see. I have a group that's like that and I pretty much always have to say when and where or nobody does and it falls apart.

I think I will suggest the when and the where. The one mom we were waiting on replied that she can make it so far. Which means if her DH has to work, she'll want to reschedule. I'm going to take advice I was given here on that, I'm still going to go out and see if anyone else will meet me. If I've organized for DH to be here, I'm at least getting my nails done!

belovedgandp
10-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Yes, going out should be fun.

I recently ditched a bunko group that was way too high maintenance. It's not a hard commitment people. After three years of hand-holding and people thinking I could magically fix things just because I kept a running roster/schedule I quit. If I am not looking forward to a night out then there is something seriously wrong going on.

glbb35
10-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Totally understand. So freakin' frustrating and so not necessary. Our Bunco group just disbanded. I was the only one who would drake a commitment and while we always had a big turnout, how completely unfair that I was always hosting, cleaning, planning etc... Now a different group I am in is doing the same thing. They were fine for a while and now they can't even decide who is supposed to plan for the month. To me it just isn't that hard. Plan a time, a date and see how many people get together. Every one just thinks they are so busy these days when they really aren't. It's the whole RSVP thing all over again. Can't commit. Hope your group figures it all out soon!

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 7/11

mackmama
10-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Totally frustrating! I have a group of mom friends, and it's become too hard to find a time/place that works for everyone. I've started just saying "I'm going to be here at this time - who wants to join me?" Sometimes only one person can make it, sometimes it's the whole gang. It's been easier than trying to find the one time that works for everyone (especially since something usually comes up with someone's child or DH so that at least one person can't make it anyway).

SnuggleBuggles
10-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Create a Meeting Wizard request. Time and date with most replies wins, regardless of who can come. :)