PDA

View Full Version : Dearest DD, I'm not clueless....

lalasmama
10-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Dearest DD,

I'm 33yo. You are 8. I've been a parent your whole life; longer actually, since your cousin lived with me before you were born. There is nothing you will get away with that I didn't already attempt and/or do when I was a child your age. Also, the mama next door? She's been a mama for longer than I am and we mamas stick together.

So, when I hear you playing in bed at 10pm last night, it wasn't just me that knew it. You were hitting the side of your bed against the common wall.

What? You didn't think I knew you were playing? Well, sweetheart, I knew you were playing. I am your mama. I know everything. So did next door. Because she's a mama. And I really don't like being told that your noisy playing was so annoying that they couldn't watch TV. [My words, not theirs. She's a good, understanding mama. Point remains the same--DD was playing, hitting their wall, and making noise enough that the son, 20 feet away, through 2 walls, could hear her.]

So, DD, you've had a hard day. Your mouth hasn't stopped yammering for anything--not while you were pooping, not while you were eating, not even when you were attempting to do your silent reading homework. Oh, I wasn't supposed to hear you jabbering away during your "reading" time? Well, dearest child, you need to SHUT YOUR MOUTH if you don't want me to hear what your head is saying. Otherwise, I hear it all, even when you think you aren't talking out loud.

In closing, sweet, overly tired DD, you are in bed 30 minutes early. If me, the neighbor mama, or the neighbor son hear your flip-flopping, hitting, and/or playing, I will believe that you need more sleep, and we can move your bedtime up some more. And we will continue to do it until you are the happy, joyful, non-stream-of-consciousness-yammering kid I remember.

Signed,
Yo mama, who will ALWAYS know what you've done before you've admitted it, so long as you are shorter than me!

doberbrat
10-10-2012, 10:54 PM
:hysterical: Sometimes I think we have the same daughter

lalasmama
10-11-2012, 01:33 AM
So thankful that she gave up easily tonight. Not sure if I'm pleased there's another child out there like her, or scared! hee hee hee!

kellyd
10-11-2012, 08:08 AM
I feel your pain! and my DS is only 4!

g-mama
10-11-2012, 05:17 PM
There is nothing you will get away with that I didn't already attempt and/or do when I was a child your age.

Then you will not be shocked when she truly sows her wild oats, lol. :wink2:

lalasmama
10-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Then you will not be shocked when she truly sows her wild oats, lol. :wink2:

: sigh :

So true, so true. Her to-be-step-sister paved the way for DD... or maybe made DD's road much harder. DSD came home pregnant at 17. Poor DD will have no chance at sowing any wild oats, LOL, SO won't let it happen!