PDA

View Full Version : Lululemon

calv
10-11-2012, 07:49 AM
how would you compare to say Athleta and Lucy items?

I only own Lulu and LOVE everything. W/that said how do you care for/wash your lulu?

scriptkitten
10-11-2012, 08:51 AM
I wash on "casual", hang dry. I also only own lulu

calv
10-11-2012, 09:04 AM
but do you wash only ALL your lulu together? I know a big thing is to keep many of them away from towels and other cotton. 90% of what all of us wear everyday is all cotton such as jeans and polo shirts, & cotton dresses.

Neatfreak
10-11-2012, 09:42 AM
I do a separate load with my Lululemon stuff, cold water, delicate cycle and hang to dry.

I don't have any Athleta "athletic" comparable clothes - just walking shorts and a couple of dresses.

Kindra178
10-11-2012, 10:01 AM
I really like Lucy for workout pants. It is just more accessible than Lulu, like you don't need the pants hemmed, etc. I wash my Lucy stuff with my regular clothes. Everything has held up amazing well.

Although I love Athleta for regular clothes, like dresses and skirts, I haven't loved the workout stuff I have gotten. That could very well be me picking stuff that is not right for me. Athleta has an awesome return policy though.

I have some Lulu stuff, and it's fine. As I mentioned, it drives me crazy that I have to hem their pants. I don't really hem anything except premium denim that I dedicate to wearing with low shoes or flats.

scriptkitten
10-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I wash my lulu loads separately.

cvanbrunt
10-11-2012, 11:19 AM
I wash my lulu and lucy stuff together on casual and hang dry.

jerigirl
10-11-2012, 01:15 PM
I wash my Lulu with other clothes (but no towels) and dry it. It is fine. I do use my tape roller to defuzz my black items.

GaPeach_in_Ca
10-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Lulu is addictive. ;) I started this year with no lulu clothes and now have 4 shirts, a jacket, a sports bra, and 2 pants. I work out every week day, so really I need some more pants.

I wash everything together. My workout clothes I hang to dry.

I don't have a pair of full length Lulu pants yet, so I haven't run into the hemming issue yet.

daisysmom
10-11-2012, 01:50 PM
I wash all my Lulu and all my athleta (I have 2-3 pairs of pants that are the ones that cost around $80 and got great reviews, can't recall the name) with my regular darks. I put them all in the dryer too (on medium) for 45 minutes for a load. I haven't seen any problems -- no pilling either. Our load of darks do not contain towels though, largely 80% work out clothes (mine and DH's) and my DD's school clothes in dark colors. I haven't seen any problems. I had read about giving them special care... but it just was too timeconsuming for me to do that so they get washed with all the other darks.

calv
10-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Lulu is addictive. ;)

VERY addictive indeed. I never used to wear it out, only for the house or to work out only but it's so cozy and comfy!!! Must get a pair of the lined dance studio pants.

ANYONE have a pair of the studio pants?

corky888
10-11-2012, 08:46 PM
I have so much lulu it's embarassing. I have studio pants and they are super comfy. They are great in the winter when I need to wear long underwear.

tarnator
10-12-2012, 01:16 AM
If I count my lulu stuff I would need an intervention. :rotflmao:

I just toss it in with my regular load. It looks great - even my relax pants that have been through 2 pregnancies are only just barely giving up....

Heck, I just bought my 3rd raincoat from them. Can't wait to wear it!

But back to the original question.....I don't own any Lucy or Athleta. They aren't available in Vancouver that I know of since lulu owns this town!

calv
10-12-2012, 10:50 AM
anyone hearing/notice that the quality has gone down? A lot of complaints from numerous people. Sad if that's really the case. Hate to see the "trying to keep up w/the demand" and the product suffers.

how much were the lined studio dance pants before the $$ hike?