PDA

View Full Version : Disney beach club resort?

jjordan
10-11-2012, 09:58 AM
We're going on a big family trip to Disney in January with dh's parents, siblings, and their kids. We're staying at the Beach Club resort. We've been to Disney before, but never stayed there. Anyone able to tell me what it's like? How long is travel time to the various parks? From what I can tell, you can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, but I'm not sure how long the walks are.

pharmjenn
10-11-2012, 11:39 PM
The walk to Epcot is probably less than 10min. We stayed across the lake at Boardwalk and it was only 10min, and BC is closer. Hollywood Studios is longer, as you have to circle the lake past Boardwalk then on to the Studios. There are boats though, so you don't have to walk.

Taking buses to the other parks, once you are on the bus, it is probably about 15min.

jjordan
10-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks! It sounds like a very convenient location!

Momit
10-16-2012, 09:18 AM
We stayed there once several years ago. It's very nice and has a fantastic pool. The walk to EPCOT is easy and bus service to other parks is good.

ajb524
10-16-2012, 01:52 PM
The BC is really close to Epcot. It all depends on where your room is in the resort though. We were close to the lobby, but it was still only a 7-10 minute walk. Some of the rooms were right next to the walkway so it wouldn't take anytime from those rooms. When we went to Hollywood studios we took the boat. On the way back my husband didn't want to wait for the boat so he walked and we waited for the boat and ended up getting back to the resort at the same time. It stops at the Dolphin/Swan first. Probably a 15-20 minute ride.

We took the bus to MK and AK. MK wasn't too bad of a ride, but AK took forever. It took forever to pick us up going and coming and stops at the water park even though our bus was so crowded no one else could get on. We went back to AK on our last day and we ended up driving our car and it was so much faster.

It is a fabulous resort. You'll love it :)

jjordan
10-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the info! I looked at the pool pictures online and it does look pretty amazing! Good to know about the AK long ride. We probably will go to AK just one day, which sounds like a good thing considering the bus situation. :) OTOH it is great to be close to Epcot, we plan to be there several days. :)

billysmommy
10-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I highly recommend getting parkhopper tickets for staying at Boardwalk or Beach Club!! We planned most of our dinners and evenings for Epcot except for one night at MK to see the Electric parade and Wishes. We hit a park at rope drop or morning extra magic hours and stay until 2-3. Hit the pool for a bit and then dinner, rides and fireworks at Epcot.

You enter Epcot between UK and France so it's very easy to grab a beer in Uk or Grand Marnier and treat from the bakery in France :)

jjordan
10-16-2012, 08:34 PM
AFAIK we are getting parkhopper tickets, but thanks for pointing that out. We'll double-check! We do have lots of dinners planned in Epcot, but the kids will probably be more interested in the MK. Looking forward to the bakery in France for SURE!! (But dh and I have employment contracts that forbid alcoholic beverages...) Thanks for the tips! :)