PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for changing the rules!

firstbaby
10-11-2012, 11:13 PM
My neighborhood is having a "Vendor Fair" this weekend. Entry fee was $20 to have a booth and the organizer committed up front no duplicate vendors and a set number of vendors allowed to participate. We signed up a few weeks ago. Older two DC have been wanting to make money to buy iPod Touches. We are selling caramel corn and cake pops. Checked in with the organizer along the way and have been very flexible as things have evolved. First, provide a door prize, then a change in set up time, then...you get the idea. I've been scanning the list of vendors every time she sent it out to confirm we were the only booth selling food. Yep, each time we're good. Oh, by the way, the organizer sells a popular brand of handbags.

Today, I get another email from her that we are now 20% over the number of vendors they had capped it at. I send her an email to confirm we're still the only food booth. Well, we WERE. Now there is a woman selling cookies AND Subway and a local pizza place will be on site selling food. PERFECT. We've purchased all the baking and packaging supplies planning to be the only food booth. I get it - cookies are not caramel corn or cake pops, but the "category" is still the same PLUS they signed up three days before the event. I'm sure another bag company would have been turned down - I heard she did turn down a company that competes with another vendor.

I know that this is so petty, but my plate is so full and I've been fitting in getting stuff done for this here and there. My kids were so excited and I feel like the rules changed. I may have a LOT of caramel corn and cake pops to keep me company in my misery next week...

123LuckyMom
10-11-2012, 11:43 PM
That totally sucks!!! I hope you sell well anyway.

crl
10-12-2012, 12:16 AM
That is very unfair. I hope you all do well! (And that someone drops pizza on purse woman's product.)

Catherine

MamaMolly
10-12-2012, 05:19 PM
That is very unfair. I hope you all do well! (And that someone drops pizza on purse woman's product.)

Catherine

Love the way you think! :)

firstbaby
10-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks for commiserating with me. I'm hoping it goes well tomorrow. Maybe the cookie lady's cookies will melt all over bag ladies bags? ;)