PDA

View Full Version : Looking for recommendations for a good ob/gyn practice

Myira
10-13-2012, 04:26 PM
For a friend who has just moved to the Burbank/Glendale CA area, and is TTC. Please feel free to PM me.

TIA.

Tondi G
10-21-2012, 02:22 AM
I don't have recs for in Glendale/Burbank. I have a friend who delivered at St Josephs in Burbank and had a good hospital experience but I don't remember her loving her OB. My OB used to deliver at Cedars (DS1 was born there). She since moved to a practice in Santa Monica (DS2 was born at St John's) and I had an awesome experience at St Johns. The practice is Frumovitz, Matsunaga, Daly, Ross, Thordarson, Vogel and Clevens. My doctor is Dr. Klara Vogel and she is great. I had 2 unmedicated deliveries, she was very supportive of whatever I wanted. I know several moms who delivered at Cedars with other doctors and am happy to get names if she is interested in driving in. Her options for Glendale/Burbank area for hospitals are Glendale Memorial, St Josephs and Huntington Memorial in Pasadena. Feel free to PM me if she would like names for doctors that deliver at Cedars Sinai.

Myira
10-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks Tondi G. I'll pass this info on to her and PM you in case she has some questions.

AnnieW625
11-01-2012, 01:59 PM
.......Huntington Memorial in Pasadena. Feel free to PM me if she would like names for doctors that deliver at Cedars Sinai.

I have cousins who have delievered there and were happy (My grandma delivered my dad and his brother there as well). I can ask them for names as well. My cousin delivered at Verdugo Hills, which she said was small, but she was happy there. Her dr. could have also delivered at Huntington.

niccig
11-02-2012, 03:20 AM
I'm in that area. Friends see a Dr. Lantry out of Glendale Adventist Hospital and all rave about her. I do know she can be busy. My OB retired soon after DS was born, so I can't comment on this Dr. as I see my general Dr. for my well women's exams (I can recommend her too if she needs an internist).

For pediatricians - everyone I know goes to Glendale Pediatrics if they take their insurance - I've run into many people in the waiting room (it's located in office building by Glendale Adventist). I know people that drive from surrounding cities to come here. We love the main partner, Dr. Feuille, but the other Drs. are good too (Dr. Henry, Dr. Hartstein and Dr. Busch). We see Dr. Feuille for the annual physical, but he's rarely available for sick visits, which is when we've seen the other Drs.

DS was never sick much as a kid and I could often resolve the issue with the nurses on the phone line. They were always helpful and saved us a trip in many a time. One even told me how to get DS to drink milk once switched to sippy as he was on a milk strike as not in a bottle. She told me to buy solid color sippy so he couldn't tell what was in it, and then to put in water and slowly add milk over time - it worked.

The office staff have been great too. When DS was 3 yo, we didn't get test results back re GI bug until we were overseas visiting my parents. The office staff were waiting for my phone call with the fax number of my mother's Dr. and faxed test results, so that Dr. could prescribe antibotics.