PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Moms: New routines and DH can't handle it !

SAHMIL
10-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Ok, so on the work front this year, we have a new superintendent, new adminstrators almost all across the board and we have a new schedule to teach. I only have one common plan/meeting period in the morning and then I teach 5 periods straight throughout the day with only a 25 minute break for lunch. We have a new grade program in and grades have to be done every Thursday. I've told DH that I need more help around here now. I"m up at 4 am as it is to get to work. I commute 35 miles each way. This is the first district where I haven't been cut and it's my tenure year and I can't have him screw things up for me like he has in previous jobs. He seriously said to me today that he can't take the new schedule and me taking classes for my administrative certificate, and all the new stuff because I'm asking him to help out around here more often. We have one 5 yo DS. He has a long commute himself. He seriously said he wished I worked at Starbucks and made $10K/ year versus this. WTH???

Banging my head on the wall!!!!

swrc00
10-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Major Hugs! I have a similar schedule this year. My planning period is the last one of the day. You are amazing to be juggling all that and getting your admin add out. I am sorry DH isn't being more supportive.

hillview
10-14-2012, 11:41 AM
wow sending you a twisty straw. HUGS

crl
10-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Not supportive of him. :( Since he wishes you made less money, can you use some of your "extra" money to outsource some of the things you do around the house? Sounds like you could sure use the help from somewhere!

Catherine

Green_Tea
10-14-2012, 12:26 PM
I am so sorry you are dealing with that. I am student teaching, and it's seriously the most stressful, exhausting thing I've done since having kids. I LOVE teaching, but the juggling is overwhelming at times, and I constantly feel like I am neglecting something. If my husband were not 110% on board or if I had a long commute or were taking classes at the same time, it would be completely impossible.

You are AMAZING.

Green_Tea
10-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Not supportive of him. :( Since he wishes you made less money, can you use some of your "extra" money to outsource some of the things you do around the house? Sounds like you could sure use the help from somewhere!

Catherine

:yeahthat:

cvanbrunt
10-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Tell him to put on his big boy pants or he can work at Starbucks.

Giantbear
10-14-2012, 02:45 PM
I drive 23k miles a year commuting to clients and do 90% of the child care. Tell him to grow a.set and man up or he gets to wear the diapers next week

MamaMolly
10-15-2012, 07:35 AM
I drive 23k miles a year commuting to clients and do 90% of the child care. Tell him to grow a.set and man up or he gets to wear the diapers next week

:bowdown: Bless you, GB!!!!

DietCokeLover
10-15-2012, 08:19 AM

Ha and a big :yeahthat:

wellyes
10-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Tell him to put on his big boy pants or he can work at Starbucks.
Man up indeed!

kellyd
10-16-2012, 12:00 AM
I'd tell him to SUCK IT UP! and add go get you a coffee since he's now made you crave Starbucks LOL

ellies mom
10-16-2012, 12:55 AM
I'd tell him to SUCK IT UP! and add go get you a coffee since he's now made you crave Starbucks LOL
:yeahthat: