PDA

View Full Version : Stomach virus +Birthday...

PunkyBoo
10-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Is there anything worse than waking up in the night running to the bathroom with a stomach virus? Yup, having it happen on my birthday. I spent an hour sitting on the cold hard tile floor trying to figure out if I would throw up then finally crawled back in bed and had to prop myself up to keep the nausea at bay. But wait- there's more. I slept fitfully for about an hour until Punkin came in my room crying g that he'd just thrown up. Got to fight off the nausea as I cleaned up Punkin's mess. He hasn't thrown up in over 5 years so he forgot that you're supposed to pike in the toilet. He was so proud that "most" of it was in the SINK. I got to scoop and scrape it out of his sink at 3:30 am. And then sit on his cold hard tile bathroom flor holding him while he waited to see if that was all. So he and I are both home sick. Had to postpone the birthday lunch my friends at work planned for me. And I somehow doubt I'm going to be feeling well enough for the sushi dinner DH had planned for tonight. So far being 41 just blows. Literally.

wencit
10-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Oh gosh, that's awful! Hope you and Punkin are both feeling well now, and that the rest of your birthday is better!

BTW, where was your DH while you were cleaning up Punkin's mess?! I would have woken my husband up!

liz
10-15-2012, 05:38 PM
aww, what a terrible night! I hope the illness disappears quickly (for you both) and you get to enjoy you birthday lunch and dinner soon.

Happy birthday :hug5: