PDA

View Full Version : I just need this wedding to be OVER.

elizabethkott
10-15-2012, 08:42 PM
My brother is getting married Saturday to a LOVELY, LOVELY girl. Seriously, she could not be more awesome.
But I am D.O.N.E. with my mother's craziness, combined with the wedding craziness.
My dad has borrowed one of my dogs (he frequently does this - he misses his lab that passed a couple of years ago so much), telling me he "needs the excuse of walking the dog so I can get out of the house and away from the crazy a couple of times a day".
She has cleaned the downstairs bathroom of their house and marked it as "off limits" with tape and a sign so that no one uses it until the groomsmen are all there on Saturday. (Um, they're in their 20's.They really just care that it flushes. Maybe.)
DONE with the fittings - my dress, DH's tux, tuxes for the boys. DONE with the expense ($250 for my dress, $75 for alterations, $178.00 per tux rental - including the ones for a 5 year old and a 2 year old! my hair on the day of, my makeup on the day of... plus a gift!). DONE with the running around. I just drove two boys, in the pouring rain, for half an hour each way, to try on and pick up their tuxes and DH's tux. Have you ever tried to get two small boys into two tuxes by yourself during the witching hour of 7-8pm?!
DONE with the "theme". She loves tea. So that's the theme. Teapots as centerpieces. Teacups on the invitations. Teabags as the favor. (I had the thought that I should explain to her the connotation of "teabagging" - she's very innocent - and my friends convinced me not to.)
DONE with DH freaking. OUT. about his parents coming to stay with us and wanting everything PERFECT. IF YOU WANT IT PERFECT, FREAKIN' HELP ME CLEAN UP, DANGIT!!!!! Don't walk through a room and say, "this better not look like this on Friday when my parents get here." CLEAN IT UP, A$$HAT!!!!! I have a full time job too!!!!!
Done.
Done.
DONE.
I love my brother. I love his fiancee. But I. Am. DONE.
Saturday can't come fast enough.

buddyleebaby
10-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Teabags. :rotflmao::hysterical:

AbbysMom
10-15-2012, 09:22 PM

yeah this!!!!! Your pain is our pleasure I guess!

Hope it goes off beautifully and speeds by!

cvanbrunt
10-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Will Mrs. Jones be there? :p

Twoboos
10-15-2012, 10:15 PM

:yeahthat: Seriously, this made me snort laughing.

Also dying about the groomsmen and the bathroom. :rotflmao:

You can make it. There is wine under that light at the end of the tunnel.

StantonHyde
10-15-2012, 10:16 PM
I want a report on the groomsmen opinions of the bathroom. Does your mom realize they will pee in the sink if the toilet is being used???

arivecchi
10-15-2012, 10:19 PM
:hysterical:

I know you are fed up but this is hysterical!

elektra
10-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Omg too funny. Is it the same bathroom that has the sign about how you thought your work was done and then you become a grandparent? ;)

MamaMolly
10-15-2012, 10:40 PM
My mom cleaned the men's room at the church the day before my wedding and put a potted plant in the urinal to keep anyone from using it. Oh, and wagged her finger at the priest and told him not to use the bathroom, that he could do his business outside in the trees.

CLASSY.

khm
10-15-2012, 10:52 PM
CLEAN IT UP, A$$HAT!!!!!

My new motto.

elizabethkott
10-16-2012, 06:29 AM
Omg too funny. Is it the same bathroom that has the sign about how you thought your work was done and then you become a grandparent? ;)

YES!!!

No, the Joneses will not be there.
Have I mentioned Mrs. Jones is expecting her third any day now?
Stay tuned for THAT. :)

gatorsmom
10-16-2012, 07:03 AM
YES!!!

Oh, on the edge of our seats. :popc1:

I'm thinking teabags would have been perfect theme for the bachelorette party. Somebody dropped the ball there.

misshollygolightly
10-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Somebody dropped the ball there.

*Snicker, snicker* Hehe, "ball". (sorry for the immaturity...but I just woke up with a 15 month old who felt like screaming bloody murder for the first 35 minutes she was conscious this morning, and this is just the level my brain is functioning at!)

hillview
10-16-2012, 08:03 AM
:hysterical:

I know you are fed up but this is hysterical!

:yeahthat:

jenmcadams
10-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Teabags as the favor. (I had the thought that I should explain to her the connotation of "teabagging" - she's very innocent - and my friends convinced me not to.)

Good luck! Thank you so much for the AM giggles. I needed those this morning

lizzywednesday
10-16-2012, 09:07 AM

:yeahthat:

I hope you're able to get through it, Liz.

And I also hope the weather forecast improves - it's been showing upper 60s and rainy on my weather app all week.

newnana
10-16-2012, 09:28 AM
I cannot read this without thinking of this SNL sketch. Sorry for the ad, NBC blocked on most other sites. Watch to about halfway through. Mad love for JT!
http://www.iviewtube.com/videos/184040/justin-timberlake-liquorville-snl-skit-and-lady-gaga

thanks for the pick me up!

twowhat?
10-16-2012, 09:58 AM
I guess I live just as sheltered of a life...what the heck is teabagging???

At the very least, OP, I can learn from your misery.

karstmama
10-16-2012, 10:23 AM
hah!

'teabagging' is usually done by drunk frat boys to passed out frat boys. the passed out boy is on his back, snoring with open mouth, and the drunk ones disrobe and place their testicles in passed-out boy's open mouth. pictures are taken and hilarity ensues.

this is what i think of whenever i hear 'tea party'...

gatorsmom
10-16-2012, 11:02 AM
hah!

'teabagging' is usually done by drunk frat boys to passed out frat boys. the passed out boy is on his back, snoring with open mouth, and the drunk ones disrobe and place their testicles in passed-out boy's open mouth. pictures are taken and hilarity ensues.

this is what i think of whenever i hear 'tea party'...

Except it doesn't always have to be a fratboy thing. I think Samantha on Sex and the City talked about it before. It was one of her favorite things or something. :rolleye0014:

MamaMolly
10-16-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm thinking teabags would have been perfect theme for the bachelorette party. Somebody dropped the ball there.

SNORT!!!!! Loving this thread. Sorry liz!

scrooks
10-16-2012, 01:01 PM
YES!!!

Looking forward to more Jones stories!!:applause:

bellablue
10-16-2012, 04:29 PM
My brother is getting married Saturday to a LOVELY, LOVELY girl. Seriously, she could not be more awesome.
But I am D.O.N.E. with my mother's craziness, combined with the wedding craziness.
My dad has borrowed one of my dogs (he frequently does this - he misses his lab that passed a couple of years ago so much), telling me he "needs the excuse of walking the dog so I can get out of the house and away from the crazy a couple of times a day".
She has cleaned the downstairs bathroom of their house and marked it as "off limits" with tape and a sign so that no one uses it until the groomsmen are all there on Saturday. (Um, they're in their 20's.They really just care that it flushes. Maybe.)
DONE with the fittings - my dress, DH's tux, tuxes for the boys. DONE with the expense ($250 for my dress, $75 for alterations, $178.00 per tux rental - including the ones for a 5 year old and a 2 year old! my hair on the day of, my makeup on the day of... plus a gift!). DONE with the running around. I just drove two boys, in the pouring rain, for half an hour each way, to try on and pick up their tuxes and DH's tux. Have you ever tried to get two small boys into two tuxes by yourself during the witching hour of 7-8pm?!
DONE with the "theme". She loves tea. So that's the theme. Teapots as centerpieces. Teacups on the invitations. Teabags as the favor. (I had the thought that I should explain to her the connotation of "teabagging" - she's very innocent - and my friends convinced me not to.)
DONE with DH freaking. OUT. about his parents coming to stay with us and wanting everything PERFECT. IF YOU WANT IT PERFECT, FREAKIN' HELP ME CLEAN UP, DANGIT!!!!! Don't walk through a room and say, "this better not look like this on Friday when my parents get here." CLEAN IT UP, A$$HAT!!!!! I have a full time job too!!!!!
Done.
Done.
DONE.
I love my brother. I love his fiancee. But I. Am. DONE.
Saturday can't come fast enough.

OMG that sounds sooo stressful!!!! :hugs: Do you live near your mother? Try and stay out of her way until the day comes! That's always my strategy with mommy dearest, heehee ;)

I think I missed something though? Newbie alert! Who is Mrs. Jones? I thought it was your mother until you said she was pregnant!

MamaMolly
10-16-2012, 04:34 PM
OMG that sounds sooo stressful!!!! :hugs: Do you live near your mother? Try and stay out of her way until the day comes! That's always my strategy with mommy dearest, heehee ;)

I think I missed something though? Newbie alert! Who is Mrs. Jones? I thought it was your mother until you said she was pregnant!

Lots of old Jone's posts, a rather annoying but really funny (to us) family that Liz posts about. Do a search and grab a snack....:popc1:

KDsMommy
10-16-2012, 04:40 PM
ROFL!!! :rotflmao:

Off to search for Jones...:thumbsup:

MamaSnoo
10-17-2012, 04:52 PM
:hysterical: Teabags.....and with that, I am off to get a cuppa

tmahanes
10-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Looking forward to more Jones stories!!:applause:

yeah that! ! ! We haven't had a good Jones story in a while!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

mom2binsd
10-17-2012, 08:17 PM
ROFL!!! :rotflmao:

Off to search for Jones...:thumbsup:

Just don't look for the bean dip dish....