PDA

View Full Version : Scooter for a 2 year old?

moosemama
10-16-2012, 11:11 AM
DD (2) wants to do everything that DS (6) does. This includes wanting to ride on his scooter. Are there any scooters that are appropriate for toddlers? I'd like to get her one for Christmas. She'll be close to 2.5 by the time spring comes and she can ride it outdoors.

brittone2
10-16-2012, 11:13 AM
DS2 rides a 3 wheeled scooter from RF. I like the ones with two wheels in the front, one in the back, as that is easier to kick on without hitting an ankle.

It was DDs, but DS2 now uses it.

infomama
10-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I love Kickboard USA scooters. Our dd's got them in the winter and they rode them inside until spring. The mini 3 in 1 looks new (and cool!)
www.kickboardusa.com (http://www.kickboardusa.com)

moosemama
10-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Those both look like great options. Thanks!

Momit
10-16-2012, 11:25 AM
We're also fans of Kickboard USA. DS got the mini at age 3 and he loves it.

mommytoC
10-16-2012, 02:13 PM
I'll third Kickboard USA...DD#2 got a mini for her second birthday (so she would leave DD#1's new Razor alone :)) - she was able to keep up with DD#1 in no time, and
still loves riding it!

Though...if you don't want your DD "zooming" down hallways and through your kitchen, you may want to wait until Easter to gift it. (DD#2 had a really, really hard time leaving her beloved scooter outside at first :)).

ourbabygirl
10-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Sorry to hijack, OP, but has anyone seen or tried out the Mini and the Micro Mini with the little seat? We just gave DD a Maxi for her 4th bday, and I think DS would love a scooter, as well, but he just turned 2 and is very small for his age (vs. DD being very tall for her age, & she's been just fine on her Maxi).

I'm intrigued by the new 3-in-1, but if it's so small that it'll get outgrown quickly (it says it's for ages 1-5), then we'll either get the Mini for him for Christmas or wait a while and get it (and skip the 3-in-1). The 3-in-1 just looks really cool with the seat, so I think he could pick it up now, pretty much, since he loves his other ride-on toys. But if it doesn't have much longevity, then maybe it's not worth it. Not sure if he would get how to use the Mini yet, though, or if he'd be too short for it for a while (he's only about 2'10").

Thanks! :)

lhafer
10-16-2012, 02:21 PM
The Mini kick scooter was a favorite for my 2-3 year old (now 6.5 year old). Then she grew out of it, and my (now) 2.5 year old uses it while my 6 year old uses a new razor scooter. It has seen MANY days and weeks and months and years of use, and it's still in perfect condition!

Some people say that you should get the maxi scooter because the handle adjusts, but it's still higher than the mini. My (petite) 6.5 year old can still ride the mini scooter, and actually still prefers it to the new razor scooter I got her this summer (she's afraid of balancing/falling on thew new scooter).

lhafer
10-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Sorry to hijack, OP, but has anyone seen or tried out the Mini and the Micro Mini with the little seat? We just gave DD a Maxi for her 4th bday, and I think DS would love a scooter, as well, but he just turned 2 and is very small for his age (vs. DD being very tall for her age, & she's been just fine on her Maxi).

I'm intrigued by the new 3-in-1, but if it's so small that it'll get outgrown quickly (it says it's for ages 1-5), then we'll either get the Mini for him for Christmas or wait a while and get it (and skip the 3-in-1). The 3-in-1 just looks really cool with the seat, so I think he could pick it up now, pretty much, since he loves his other ride-on toys. But if it doesn't have much longevity, then maybe it's not worth it. Not sure if he would get how to use the Mini yet, though, or if he'd be too short for it for a while (he's only about 2'10").

Thanks! :)

That's about how tall my daughter is, and she's fine on the mini. I think the new 3-1 scooter would be better for younger kids who don't have the balance thing quite down yet.

mik8
10-16-2012, 02:25 PM
mini kickboard scooter. Get the T-bar handle then later the pilot bar which my DD thinks is so cool.

mnosky1
10-16-2012, 10:34 PM
We have been extremely happy with our mini kick that my petite DD (age 4.5) got at age 2 3/4 and was riding within minutes. I noticed on the website, you cn buy the 3 in 1 seat and add it to a mini kick so no worry about growing out of it. But I cant imagine a child over 18 months, especially one with an older sibling wanting to sit on a scooter. We took it on vacation last summer and our friend's 18 mos old DD scooted around on it without a problem.