PDA

View Full Version : Not really a bitch....

Pennylane
10-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Just need to vent! We recently adopted two kittens from the shelter. There was also another kitten and the mom, or what I assumed was the mom. When we were ready to adopt they informed me that the kittens were not weaned yet. I asked if she could just keep them for us for a few more weeks until they were ready to leave mom. Well being a county run shelter, they couldn't agree to that. But since I volunteer there, they asked if I would foster the mom and other kitty for a few weeks. I agreed, excited to have them all together.

They told me the mom had been sneezy but nothing else. Well the mom was more than sneezy, she was sick with a respiratory infection which she passed on to all of the kittens. $400 later, I have one almost healthy mom(although I just found out she is not the mom) and 3 very, very sick kittens. I am so sad to watch them suffer but am doing everything I can to get them better. The people at the shelter said sometimes kittens just die, that it's, nothing helpful.

I was just trying to do a good thing and it has turned into such an awful experience! My kids were so excited to get the kittens and now can't even touch them.

Thanks for reading,

Ann

hillview
10-16-2012, 05:53 PM
aww that is very sad. I am sorry!

KLD313
10-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Oh no, that's terrible. It's a shame this is happening when you had such good intentions.

hellokitty
10-16-2012, 09:42 PM
That is so sad. :( However, I also think it is very noble of you to have taken this on. I hope that the kitties feel better soon.

elephantmeg
10-16-2012, 10:29 PM
oh no! P+PT for the kittens! And pooh on the shelter!

bisous
10-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Oh this post just brings me over the top. I'm sitting here bawling for those little kittens and even more for your kids who are probably already attached to them. :(

I so hope they pull through! You did such a nice thing. I hope it works out. Hugs.

glbb35
10-17-2012, 11:29 AM
You did a very nice thing and bravo to you. I know you are going through a tough time right now and hugs all around. I hope they get better soon. You guys are probably so attached to them right now. They probably would have died if you had not come around so you are their angel. I hope for you all that they recover soon and that you recover as well. :)

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 7/11

Pennylane
10-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Not much change in them yet, but still crossing my fingers they are going to pull through.

Ann

MamaSnoo
10-17-2012, 04:22 PM
How sad...I hope the DK's get better. You are sweetheart to take them on.

Pennylane
10-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Just wanted to update... kittens are all doing so much better!! After a week of eye drops, medicine, and late night feedings they are on the road to recovery!!

Ann

hellokitty
10-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Just wanted to update... kittens are all doing so much better!! After a week of eye drops, medicine, and late night feedings they are on the road to recovery!!

Ann

Aww, I'm happy to hear that! Are you planning to adopt one or two of them?

elephantmeg
10-24-2012, 08:25 AM
yeah! I'm so glad they pulled through!

Ann

Pennylane
10-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Aww, I'm happy to hear that! Are you planning to adopt one or two of them?

We are keeping 2 of the kittens. I really wanted to keep the mom also but she does not get along with my dog at all. Charges at him with claws out !!

Ann