PDA

View Full Version : Foam torn in SR 30

AngB
10-17-2012, 01:17 AM
We bought our Graco SR 30 (or maybe 32? The newer one that is rated down to 4 lbs) in Jan.2011. DS hasn't been in it since last Oct., so we only used it about 6 months. I took the cover off today to wash it because DS2 is coming around the end of the week or next week, and noticed that the outer foam (there are two layers of it, the top layer,) is torn at the top slot where the top shoulder strap would go through. The rest of it is fine and the foam is still attached to the seat. I don't think we'll use that top slot anyway, we moved DS before it. Do you think it's okay to use? I don't really have the time to mess with returning it/running out to get a new seat if it won't compromise the seat's safety (supposed to be on basically modified bedrest), and I can't really see how it would except if we needed the top shoulder slots...

Attached a picture so you can see what I'm talking about, and it's not as bad as it looks there, I was just pulling it apart so you can easily see where the tear is.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Joolsplus2
10-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Yup, just fine, no worries. :thumbsup:

AngB
10-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Awesome, thank you!