PDA

View Full Version : Strange Q: Snap-crotch extender...women's size?

pinkmomagain
10-17-2012, 06:47 AM
I remember that for babies they have those little snap-crotch extenders for onsies, but I'm wondering if they make something like that for women's bodysuits?

My oldest is on a HS team that wears a unitard thingy as part of their uniform and it's a little too snug. I'm wondering if there is a B&M that sells something like this? Maybe a dancewear shop?

If anyone has seen something like this anywhere (preferably B&M)...help!

wellyes
10-17-2012, 08:06 AM
I've seen. Ra extenders at sears that may work for that purpose.

Neatfreak
10-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Could you do some creative sewing with two of the infant ones?

snowbunnies300
10-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Bra extender would work. Can find them at any fabric store. I recently purchased one at Walmart (had a fabric section). Department stores should sell them in the lingerie department.

Blue Hydrangea
10-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Bra extender would work. Can find them at any fabric store. I recently purchased one at Walmart (had a fabric section). Department stores should sell them in the lingerie department.

The bra extenders I have have hooks and eyes, does the leotard have hooks and eyes or snaps?

I wonder if you could make one- if you got a short length of wide elastic from the trims dept. of a fabric store. The wide colors usually only come in white or black though. But then you could either sew in hooks and eyes or snaps to match what the leotard already has. I'm betting you could make one this way for less then $5, maybe closer to $3.

BabbyO
10-17-2012, 11:26 AM
I think this would be pretty easy to make if the unitard uses snap closures. I can't sew a lick, but Snaps and grommets are SUPER easy (and my preferred method of "sewing" for Halloween and other costumes).

If you're up for trying it, measure how much longer the unitard needs to be. Get a piece of wide elastic or canvas material. Cut to size. Stores like Ben Franklin Crafts (probably Michaels and maybe even Walmart) will have little packets of Snaps with the tool needed for "installing" them. Then all you need to do is determine the placement of the snap on the fabric/elastic. Find a hammer and a hard surface (with a cutting board if it needs protection). I usually do it on the work bench. Follow the instructions on how to place and attach the snaps. Really, it is super easy.

GL!

pinkmomagain
10-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Oooh -- Thanks for all these super creative ideas!!!