PDA

View Full Version : In the grand scheme of things...

bisous
10-17-2012, 08:36 AM
This is NOT a big deal. I know there are people out there who are dealing with truly tragic things. I am not.

I AM however, stressed out of my mind about planning for our upcoming Harry Potter party this weekend. My kids and DH have all their birthdays in a row. 25 days apart between all 4 of them. So I've been planning/or hosting a party since July 20th and I'm.so.sick.of.it. I'm so tired.

This year I set out to do big parties for all four of my boys. I figured that way NEXT year I could do smaller, family get togethers. "Just get it over with" was the idea. The parties have all been great. But I'm SO burned out I've hardly done anything for DS1 and his is probably the biggest party yet.

I feel like back when I was in college and it is the last final of the year. I know I should study harder and that it is just a matter of time and then the whole thing will be over but I just can't make myself crack a book. I'm just done!

OK. Rant over. Now I REALLY need to get it together! I have an unknown amount of visitors coming over for a spell but I'm thinking it will be only the level of 20 kids and 10 grownups or so. I just really hope it somehow comes together and I can stop sitting here catatonic and get to work!

Thanks for listening. :)

karstmama
10-17-2012, 11:57 AM
'senioritis'. i've certainly been there! you can do it - in the home stretch now. ;)

sste
10-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Ah, what we do for muggles!

daniele_ut
10-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Lego Ninjago party this weekend over here, so I feel for you! Also we have DS1's birthday on the 15th and DH and FIL on the 19th so we always have crazy stuff going on all at once. This year my ILs took it upon themselves to plan dh's birthday and invite themselves all to spend the night at my house on Friday. I really needed 9 more people in my house while I'm trying to put on an elaborate birthday party for an unknown number of kids. I asked for regrets only and NO ONE has responded. I only invited 18 kids, but still, I wonder if they are all really coming. I should be printing out water bottle labels, decorating a pinata, making paper lanterns and folding paper throwing stars, yet here I sit!

glbb35
10-17-2012, 02:16 PM
You will get it together b/c somehow we always do. I feel your pain. This is an extremely busy week and I just realized we have company coming in Sunday night and I thought it was the following Sunday. So guess who is running around like a crazed person, drinking tons of caffeine and cleaning the heck out of my house? Will it all get done? No, but at least our guests can walk upstairs! Alright, back to work for both of us!!!!!

BTW, you will be a "best mom" after the parties. We work so hard for them as our parents did for us and hopefully one day they will do for their kids. They may not appreciate us now but hopefully one day they will. Good luck with the parties!!!

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 7/11

bisous
10-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, commiseration and laughs! I'm sitting here on the BBB instead of planning...Must get to work...