PDA

View Full Version : Do these shoes look too old for me?

nupe
10-17-2012, 08:59 AM
I've been reading fashion blogs and because of this "inspiration" went to look at some Fluevogs, the K2. I think these are sharp looking but I did not want to spend that much, especially since I'm new to this brand and don't know the fit, quality, etc.

http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w%5B0%5D=search%3Ak2&p=1&pp=1&view=detail&colourID=3569

I ended up finding these at Amazon, also a heeled oxford. They are comfy. I plan to wear them with trousers to work. Do they look old in an "unhip grandma kind of way"?

http://www.amazon.com/John-Fluevog-Womens-Flagstad-Oxford/dp/B004X0P58K/ref=sr_1_47?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1350478591&sr=1-47&keywords=fluevog+women

Okay going to add these clogs too, for opinions, do these look unhip grandma?
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/naot-beyond-clog/3174485?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0&pprd=0
not sure I like the look of a clog, but if covered by a pant leg, maybe not so bad?

tarnator
10-17-2012, 10:41 AM
I don't like the clogs at all.

However, I would love a pair of Fluvogs, so I think that either of the oxford ones that you posted might be kinda cool....

katydid1971
10-17-2012, 11:29 AM
I don't like the clogs at all.

However, I would love a pair of Fluvogs, so I think that either of the oxford ones that you posted might be kinda cool....
:yeahthat: The first two are very young and hip. The clogs are ho hum.

echoesofspring
10-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Love the Fluevogs, the Naots are just ok, imo, but if you needed super comfy shoes you could do a lot worse.

I've never owned any Fluevogs, but when I was in college they were what the cool alternative kids wore and supposedly they held up really well tromping all over the city. But that was, ahem, 20 years ago. Sigh.

BeachBum
10-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry yes. I think the rounded toe on the look alike pair really kills the look. The clogs look like you bought them to be comfortable.

hellokitty
10-17-2012, 04:00 PM
I love the first pr you posted, it looks hip. The clogs, eh. I am a clog girl, btw. I think that anything that has any sort of weave effect looks kind of old ladyish.

AnnieW625
10-17-2012, 04:51 PM
I like pair #1, but I think you can find a similar shoe for less than $275. I don't care for the sole on pair 2, and for the clogs they really don't bother me much, but of the three they look the oldest. I think they are a completely different shoe than the first two though. For comfort I would wear the clogs any day over a pair of Merrill Jungle Mocs:bag (not sure if that is needed or not).

nupe
10-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Okay thanks all, I guess if I think it might be older looking, then it probably is.

Given the width of my forefoot, not sure if the first shoes would even fit my toes comfortably. So may keep the rounded toe pair.

The clogs on the other hand, are probably going back. They're not as comfortable as they "look", and I worry that they will slip off as I'm running around at work where I'm often on my feet most of the day. I liked them initially because of the 2 1/2 inch heel height which is sufficent for all the winter wool pants that were hemmed to go with my favorite booties of years past.