PDA

View Full Version : Bouncer or swing to compliment MammaRoo?

leilaniox
10-17-2012, 04:36 PM
I registered for the MammaRoo on my Amazon registrry, mainly because I thought it was freaking cool, but that no one would buy it, since there's not much else on that registry except my stroller. And you know, $$$.
But....just checked it today, and saw someone bought it! So yay!
So....do I remove the FisherPrice Zen swing/seat combo from my BRU registry, and swap it for just a bouncer seat? Or just a basic swing?

I already purchased a (half-dead) FisherPrice aquarium bouncer chair from a consignment sale, thinking I would use it on my second level - nursery/in my bathroom so I can shower and keep an eye on LO; and the Zen was for the living 1st floor LR (it matches decor nicely as a bonus). MammaRoo would go on the 3rd floor loft/office/playroom, only if I ended up getting it.

I live in a 3-story townhouse, so I've heard "a kid-holder on every level" is a good idea. But, I certainly don't want to be gear-greedy, OR tripping on kid-holders.

So - thoughts?

jam224
10-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Not all babies like swings, so I would probably err on the side of caution and go with another bouncy seat or the Zen Infant Seat (http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Zen-Collection-Infant-Seat/dp/B0011MOVS8/).

FWIW, my "kid-holder" of choice was the Leachco Podster (http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Podster-Sling-Style-Infant-Lounger/dp/B003HIXOTQ/) and we LOVED it! We never needed a swing.

swissair81
10-21-2012, 04:39 PM
I had a Mamaroo with DD3 and she wasn't always a fan. She didn't like swings or bouncy seats either, but loved her carrier and the stroller bassinet.

DD4 likes her FP cradle swing- because she likes the music and likes watching the moving monkey mobile. She is okay with the bouncy seat. I don't know about the mamaroo, since I sold it quite a while ago.

lizzywednesday
10-22-2012, 10:34 AM
I hope the MamaRoo works out for you - my nephew despised it and it was the only piece of baby gear my brother was excited about!

Also, I thought it was kind of loud, though I completely agree that it's very cool-looking!!!

Tondi G
10-29-2012, 12:13 AM
I would keep a Fisher price cradle swing on your registry. I looked up the Mammaroo on babies r us and it gets pretty bad reviews... slow, babies tend to slump in the seat, it is loud, baby is uncomfortable etc.