PDA

View Full Version : Security system

KrystalS
10-17-2012, 09:45 PM
My mom needs a security system, would really like something that has camera surveillance because things are being stolen. She is almost positive it is a family member doing it, but can't prove it. Random things just come up missing every few months. She locks her house, and she has no idea how he is getting inside. No broken locks or windows. I told her she needs a company security system but what about some type of wireless camera she could set up in the living room or entry way? Would something like this be really expensive?

infomama
10-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Here is a humongous thread on closed circuit cameras. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/624112_CCTV_cameras_101_____Table_of_Contents_in_O P____Updated_24_Aug.html&page=1

crl
10-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Just in case she hasn't already, I would change the locks.

Catherine

kep
10-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Just in case she hasn't already, I would change the locks.

Catherine

Yes, this. But before she goes all out on an expensive security system, what about investing in a few of those hidden cameras (think nanny cam). She could place a few of them around in the hot spots that she's most concerned about. No idea if that would work or not!

kellij
10-17-2012, 10:25 PM
She could just get a security system that goes off if anyone opens a door or a window and just make sure she has it armed at night and any time she leaves the house. It seems like it would be hard to monitor a house by video surveillance without a huge expense. Our house is monitored like I said, windows and doors.

09Mom
10-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Try vuezone. It's wireless and the cameras are motion sensitive. You can get an email when they are triggered. The recording are relatively short, but long enough that you could see who it is.