PDA

View Full Version : Quick stop to in the grocery store = 2 children needing an ice pack

JustMe
10-17-2012, 11:30 PM
So today, dd was miraculously better after being sick. We pick up ds from school and I decide to make a very quick (at least that was the plan) stop in the grocery store to get just a few things.

No sooner to we get in the store when dd gets a really bloody nose. She got these a lot as a younger child, but not so much anymore. Anyway, we walk quickly to the bathroom to get tissues when ds, looking everywhere but in front him walks right smack into the metal frame around the door of the entrance to the bathroom. He starts cryihg and has quite the little knot. Dd is crying with blood coming out of her nose. I stood there wondering how I could go ask for ice with my one bloody child and one child with a knot on his forehead thinking about how bad it would look if I went and asked for ice for my 2 kids.

It took about 20 whole minutes for dd's bloody nose to stop and then I could finally grab the few things I needed and get out of there. Fun times.

123LuckyMom
10-18-2012, 02:20 AM
Oh, for goodness sake! One of my favorite moments was running into my pediatrician in the grocery store. He had his young twins with him. One had a bloody gash on his forehead, and the other was climbing all over the cart like a maniac. We're all in this together!!!

hillview
10-18-2012, 08:41 AM
oh dear! So sorry what a rough short trip!

TwoBees
10-18-2012, 08:45 AM
*hugs* Sounds like quite an adventure. :( I hope both DC are feeling better!

KDsMommy
10-18-2012, 10:30 AM
yikes, what a trip that was!

kwc
10-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Gaaah!!!!

Sounds like DC were jonesing for pizza delivery night!

Hope your next trip is less eventful!

StantonHyde
10-18-2012, 09:32 PM
I had one of those trips to the grocery store once. I mean, honestly, how much blood can 2 kids spill in 1 minute???????

JustMe
10-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Thank you everyone! We got through today with no injuries/blood. Just waiting for tomorrow to be over and I want us just to stay home and be boring!