PDA

View Full Version : Cost of professional cleaners ~ Coit etc.

snowbunnies300
10-18-2012, 08:44 AM
I have always cleaned my own carpets and furnature. Decided to have a professional this time and as a cheapskate I am getting nervous. How expensive is this type of serivce? It is certainly possible I won't have them do all of the work I'd like to have done due to cost but I'd like to have an idea of costs.

I am a couple hours away from getting an estimate from Coit for:
carpets (one livingroom & hallway, one stairway, and a large family room & hallway)
furnature (2 coaches & 1 chair ~ microfiber)
special fabric blinds (2 large windows and 1 door window)
tile/grout cleaning (kitchen/entry way)

For me the tile/grout is a luxury but something I would really like done as we have been in the home for some time now and the grout just isn't coming clean like it use to. The blinds are TERRIBLE. How my kids got stains on them just kills me! I could do the furniture myself thought it is a pain in the behind. Of course I could shampoo the carpets myself too. AHHH I am too much of a cheapskate on this issue. I don't want to do it. I want for once to have it done. Please is it worth it?

Twoboos
10-18-2012, 08:58 AM
We had a professional do our family room carpet a couple of weeks ago. I had planned to do it myself but turns out the carpet cleaner was broken (arg!). We were getting new furniture the next day, so the room was empty and it was the only time to do it.

It was TOTALLY worth it to me. The carpet looks brand new. I think if I had done it, they would have looked fine, but definitely better with the pro. It's a high traffic area and I didn't expect it to look so good when he was done.

I am trying to remember what we paid - the room is large, like 23x15. I want to say it was $175 or so? Definitely under $200.

They were running a special on upholstery, it would have been $150 for a chair, ottoman and couch.

Just this once, give the responsibility to someone else. ;) I'm a cheapskate too, but sometimes it's nice to let someone else do it!