PDA

View Full Version : how to upload 2 x 2 inch passport photos

Globetrotter
10-18-2012, 02:31 PM
I am going NUTS here. I got passport photos from costco and I need to upload them online for a visa, but it keeps saying i have the wrong height and width, even though I adjusted it to make it 2 x 2.

I tried using a tool on the state dept. website but my pics aren't fitting in it though they really should.

Has anyone had experience with this? I wonder if I should go back to costco and ask them to redo them??

I can't find any other answers online.

momm
10-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Try the wizard on this site
http://www.epassportphoto.com/

it's always worked for me

nmosur
10-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Had to do this was the Indian visa - it was tricky to say the least. I ended up sending it with the actual picture and had no problems.

Globetrotter
10-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Had to do this was the Indian visa - it was tricky to say the least. I ended up sending it with the actual picture and had no problems.

I am also applying for the Indian visa! Do you mean you just skipped the upload? That would make life easier. I went through the process three times and each time I lost the data on the third page. UGH

Try the wizard on this site
http://www.epassportphoto.com/

Thanks. Acc. to this my picture is fine. I think the India visa website is messed up!!

momm
10-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks. Acc. to this my picture is fine. I think the India visa website is messed up!!

Hmm.. try a different web browser? I think the Indian consulate site works fine with Internet Explorer and not with any of the fancier ones e.g. Chrome or Firefox

Globetrotter
10-18-2012, 08:03 PM
you may be onto something! I am using safari.

nmosur
10-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Yes, I skipped this step and sent in the picture. It says somewhere on the form that the visa might get delayed by a few days if you skipped this part but mine came within a week.

I am also applying for the Indian visa! Do you mean you just skipped the upload? That would make life easier. I went through the process three times and each time I lost the data on the third page. UGH

dhano923
10-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Are you using the Travisa(sp) site for the India visa? We had problems uploading our pics online when we used it in March, so I called them. They said to use include the pics when we mailed the passports and forms in. We got our visas about 2 weeks later with no problems.

Also, if I remember correctly, they had 2 websites. One worked better than the other.

Globetrotter
10-19-2012, 12:26 PM
yes, travisa.
It sounds like I just need to mail them in! phew..