PDA

View Full Version : Target.com customer service

MMMommy
10-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Horrible. Horrible customer service over the phone. Incompetent and just bad. That's all.

LizLemon
10-18-2012, 11:52 PM
They really are awful. That was one of the most painful customer service conversations I have ever had. Not because the man was rude or unhelpful, but because his English was so poor, he had a hard time understanding what I was trying to tell him. Put me on hold multiple times for long, long stretches. It took FOREVER.

MMMommy
10-19-2012, 12:57 AM
Background: I simply wanted to place a new order of a prior damaged order, at the discounted price I paid in the original order. Which is why I couldn't just reorder online because the price had gone up. I had just received the damaged order two days ago and already returned the damaged order to my local Target. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of an exchange involving shipping the large items back. Easier for me to just return the two items in store and reorder.

Me: I would like to reorder two items that I received and returned because they arrived damaged and in ripped boxes. I already returned the two damaged items to my local Target store. I want to reorder the exact same order at the same price I paid.

Rep: You can return your damaged items to your nearest Target.

Me: I already returned the entire damaged order containing two damaged items. I just want to reorder the same exact items at the same exact, discounted price I paid.

Rep: Let me place you on hold as I pull up your order.

Time passes and passes and passes....

Rep: I can help you place a new order.

Me: The new order will be the same price as my original order, right?

Rep: I can place an order for you at the regular price.

Me: I don't want to pay the regular price. I want to pay the price I paid in my original order which arrived damaged and in ripped boxes two days ago. Otherwise I can just order online.

Rep: Let me place you on hold.

Time passes and passes.

Rep: Sorry for the wait.

Me: Can I please talk to a supervisor?

Rep: Let me look into that. Hold on.

Time passes.

Rep: I will place you on hold for a supervisor.

Ridiculous amount of time passes. No supervisor. Nobody. I hang up. I go online and reorder at the full price.

Sigh. I think what irked me most was being put on hold several times for long intervals with no answers or helpful input from the rep. Waste of time.

mypa
10-19-2012, 01:15 AM
I hear you, right down to the poor English. I've had something like that happen to me. I, too, had already returned to defective merchandise to the store...big mistake. For an "exchange", aka getting a reorder at the same price, I had to ship the defective item back to them (at their cost) and once they receive the item will they ship out a new one. This costs them more $$ plus there is no guarantee that after the defective item is received the new one will still be in-stock.

Oh, well. I still order a lot from Target.com because it's so convenient w/ better selection, free shipping/easy returns, there is always $5 off $50/$10 off $100, and shipping has been relatively quick to me.

MMMommy
10-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Big THANK YOU to Roobee!