PDA

View Full Version : Maestro or SecureKid or ____________

wellyes
10-18-2012, 08:03 PM
DD tells me she is too big for her Boulevard, so I'm going to move her to a HBB. She is in a Maestro in her dad's car. I am thinking of getting a SecureKid. Which is, according to CarSeatBlog, like the Maestro but goes taller, and still under $120. Are there any other great high back booster with a 5 point harness in that price range than I should consider?

tmahanes
10-18-2012, 08:07 PM
I got the secure kid 400 as a seat for our sitter and we really like it...... The sure latch is awesome!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

wellyes
10-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Or am I being dumb and I should just get the Frontier? I can swing it, if it's worth it.

PZMommy
10-18-2012, 11:52 PM
We love our Frontier. We got a Maestro for traveling, and after using it for a few days, we returned it. We hated it. It felt very flimsy compared to the Frontier.

KDsMommy
10-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Frontier is awesome!

scriptkitten
11-19-2012, 10:55 PM
i'm trying to decide between these seats as well. any other thoughts?

vludmilla
11-19-2012, 11:29 PM
I really like our Frontiers. If space is an issue in your car (as in you want to fit between two car seats in a sedan), then you may not like them. Other than the relatively large size, they are wonderful harnessed boosters.

larig
11-19-2012, 11:48 PM
i'm trying to decide between these seats as well. any other thoughts?

I think the fasteners on the Maestros are hard to operate. I think it installs very easily. I think the Frontier is way more solid, but harder to install. Maestros are terrible for older hands to operate (not a good grandparent seat), but I like traveling via plane with one.
ETA: I bought a Maestro for my mom's car, but she has arthritis and can't fasten it, so the Britax went in her car, and the Maestro is in mine. She just can't get the buckle fastened at all. If the Maestro is for a younger operator, it would be fine.

arivecchi
11-19-2012, 11:59 PM
I like the Maestro, but not as a primary seat. I do like the Frontier as a primary seat. I have the new one and did not find it that hard to install after watching the Britax video. I don't know much about the securekid though. That might be a good option.

KDsMommy
11-20-2012, 10:16 AM
We have a Frontier85 and love it. I just installed it using the seatbelt because DS is too heavy for LATCH now and it was a breeze. We also have a Nautilus for grandma's car. DS does not prefer one over the other, but I think the Frontier is a little nicer.

scriptkitten
11-20-2012, 10:30 AM
i ended up ordering the securekid300 on amazon last night because it seemed like it would last longer.

i'm a little concerned that the harnesses will be too thin and bother them and that they'll never be able to do the buckles (they are totally responsible enough), but we'll see. they can't undo the bottom buckles in their Radians so its not really a big deal.

The Radians are in the car that we do long trips in so that's really where i need the fancy comfy seat. I'm less concerned about all the padding for around town... I think :) At this rate, I also think my kids will go from Radian to backless booster in that car since they will never hit the 80lb weight limit before middle school.

I spent so much on the Radians that I just wasn't in the mood for more $$$$$ seats with xmas around the bend.