PDA

View Full Version : Imaginext

Kymberley
10-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Educate me on these toys please. DS saw the Eagle Talon Castle at Walmart the other day and wanted to play with it so badly. I'm thinking Christmas ideas here. I know the Batcave is very popular, but DS has no idea who or what Batman is so I'm open to any setup. He loves dinosaurs and I see that there are many Dino figures. Do they have their own "house" like the castle, or whatnot? He's 3.5, will he outgrow this type of toy anytime soon? TIA!!!

KDsMommy
10-18-2012, 09:00 PM
My DS LOVES Imaginext and has since he was three. He has the Tiger Samurai castle at the top of his Xmas list. We have probably half of the dinos, including the T Rex. He also have several boats, the batcave, Jokers Playhouse, and on and on.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with Imaginext stuff. I imagine my 5 year old will get several more years of play out of them. Definitely worth the money!

WatchingThemGrow
10-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Most of our stuff is from the City line, which doesn't seem to be around anymore, but the tiny to midsize/handheld stuff is what gets all the play around here. We have a Container Store multipurpose bin labeled "Imaginext parts" and another labeled "Imaginext vehicles" and the parts box entertained my boys nearly all summer, with the addition of 300 magnatiles. They love putting on the scuba tanks and firefighting gear and so on. My ds1 is almost 5 and there's no end in sight right now.

KrisM
10-18-2012, 09:09 PM
DS2 got his first Imaginext at 2.5 and still plays with it at over 4. He's asked for a few more things for Christmas. It'll last a while.

SnuggleBuggles
10-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Ds2 interchanges all the sets we have. He's almost 5 and going strong with it! I'm eyeing the ogre...for me. :)

katydid1971
10-18-2012, 10:30 PM
We got rid of several of the sets last year because between those and lego there was no floor space left in DS's room. We gave some away to friends and family and kept his favorite, the space shuttle one. They are all great, if I was buying one of the current ones I think I would go for the samurai castle.

Nooknookmom
10-20-2012, 03:30 AM
My dd loves hers too. Uses them interchangeably with other toys, hot wheels, Her fisher price doll family hangs out, & toy animals...no end in sight. Very good for the - imagination! Ok I know cheezy but true!