PDA

View Full Version : Rants or rave for the Clarisonic....

AnnieW625
10-19-2012, 01:13 PM
My sister (25) has had the Mia 1 (not the Mia 2, which has two speeds) since July and she loves it. She has oily break out prone skin. She has recommended that I try it out, but I am really kind of hesitant. I am 35, have dry to combo break out prone skin and it has it's moments where it is really sensitive. I used Accutane when I was 18 yrs. old so that is part of the reason it is the way it is. I would probably be getting the Mia or the Mia 2.

WatchingThemGrow
10-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Rave here. I didn't take mine in our "summer survival kit" and my face shows it. Can't wait to dig it out of the box and stick it next to my new tub!

AnnieW625
10-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Rave here. I didn't take mine in our "summer survival kit" and my face shows it. Can't wait to dig it out of the box and stick it next to my new tub!

Wait...did you get a place?!

(glad you like the Clarisonic, which one do you have?)

GaPeach_in_Ca
10-19-2012, 01:21 PM
I have one that I don't use. Not a fan, I guess. :)

I don't think it did anything for me.

infomama
10-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Love mine. I have the original Mia. Sensitive skin.

Momit
10-19-2012, 01:29 PM
I have the original Mia and love it. My skin is somewhat sensitive. I started out using it twice a day but that was a little too much. Now I just use it every night with a gentle cleanser. I've been using it for almost a year and I feel like my skin is much softer now.

fauve01
10-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Rave here. i have the one with two speeds. love love love. have roseacea, red nose/cheeks/chin, occasional roseacea breakouts on my nose. sensitive skin. i use the sensitive brush with pro x exfoliating cleanser every night in the shower. my skin is so smooth and even and soft now with clarisonic! i didn't take it when traveling for a month in the summer and could totally tell.

TwinFoxes
10-19-2012, 01:51 PM
I have a Mia and like it fine. It didn't rock my world though.

scrooks
10-19-2012, 01:52 PM
I am kind of in the middle...I have the Mia 1. I don't think it has completely changed my skin but I do think it does a really great job of cleaning it, so I keep on using it!

Zukini
10-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Have the MIA II for over a year now and I try to use it at least every other night. It's worth the purchase IMHO esp if you enjoy and see benefits from services like facials and microdermabrasion. It took a few uses to get used to the feel of the brush on your skin but I never changed the speed from the regular setting and am fine now.
I have combination oily-acne prone skin with some dry spots around the mouth and along the jaw line. Key thing is to use a favorite moisturizing or serum-type product afterwards - to prevent drying and also to maximize the effect of new skin really absorbing the product. The tone on my skin is much clearer now. Old dark spots have faded signifcantly and whilst I get new breakouts sometimes (esp. if I skip the Clarisonic for awhile). Oh and my DH uses it too!

stinkyfeet
10-19-2012, 02:17 PM
I currently have the Mia2 and really like it a lot. I can only use it about twice a week. Back before I had kids, I went to an esthetician for facials. I told her I was using the Clairsonic daily, and it had made my skin feel l like sandpaper. She recommended cutting back to twice a week--I'm guessing because I have sensitive skin.

I used to have the original Clairsonic, but it died after a few years. I replaced it with the Mia2 which I like better because of the smaller size.

hillview
10-19-2012, 02:18 PM
meh. I had it for a year then it broke. I liked it -- fun to use, reminded me to wash my face more often (2x a day). I don't miss it and it didn't provide a noticeable improvement.

Kymberley
10-19-2012, 02:27 PM
I had the Mia 1 I guess. I threw it away. It tore my skin up, which I never knew was sensitive until I used the Mia. Not a fan.

almostmom
10-19-2012, 02:32 PM
I got the Mia about 6 months ago (just one speed). I really like it. I keep it in the shower so use it about every other day with a philosophy cleanser. I think my skin looks brighter, and the blackheads on my nose are mostly gone. And my skin feels really soft. I do think it has made a difference - kind of a pick-me-up for my skin, which, at 38, needed it!

I started using the sensitive skin brush, but have changed to the regular. I have normal to dry skin, and breakout monthly, but haven't since using it. We'll see how it combats dryness this winter.

I would not have spent my own money on it because it's so expensive, but saved up some xmas sephora gift cards to get it. If you're on the fence, you could look into some less expensive copies? But I don't know anything about them.

AnnieW625
10-19-2012, 02:48 PM
So is this used mainly for blackheads? If so I'll probably just pass because I don't really have a blackhead problem anymore. I breakout on my chin, and right underneath my nose around the TTM or if I over moisturize my face at night. I have an RX for Clindamycin gel which takes care of zits pretty quickly when I need to use it, and that is $5 to $10 every couple of months.

If I get it though I'll order from SkinStore.com because they will take it back as long as it done within 30 days from the date you receive it.

almostmom
10-19-2012, 02:57 PM
No, I don't think it's supposed to be used mostly for blackheads. I think it is a tool to deep clean your face, but in a sensitive way. And as someone who was pretty lazy about washing my face, it has been a great change. I find my skin smoother, and brighter all around. Not as blotchy, fewer breakouts, and yes, fewer blackheads. It feels good!

erv917
10-19-2012, 03:01 PM
I have the original (1 speed) Mia and I like it a lot. FWIW, I am also 35 and also have some lingering effects from using Accutane at about age 18. For a while I really didn't notice a difference with the Mia, but for whatever reason I continued using it anyways. After 6 months or so, I suddenly realized that it really was making a difference. I use it only at night, 2x day was too much for me.

brgnmom
10-19-2012, 03:11 PM
I bought the original Mia, and then gave it to my mom w/ a new brushhead. I then bought the Clarisonic Pro from my derm's office, and I love it. I have sensitive skin too, and just buy the brushheads for sensitive skin and I don't have any problems with skin irritation. I think the Mia is great though and sufficient for everyday use.

wildfire
10-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I have the one speed Mia and I love it. I don't really have black heads, but I do have sensitive skin that gets red bumps. It's really helped.

okinawama
10-19-2012, 03:38 PM
I have the Mia 1, and I use it each night when washing my face. I'm happy with it and feel like it does a great job of cleansing and exfoliating my skin.

dhano923
10-19-2012, 10:43 PM
I got the Mia from DH as my birthday gift last month. Love it! My skin is so soft, and I'm not getting all the little pimples I normally get along my jawline. You do break out the first couple weeks, but that goes away. It's helping my pores look smaller too because there's less gunk in them now.

AnnieW625
10-19-2012, 11:08 PM
So what is the difference between the Pro, and the Mia?

brgnmom
10-20-2012, 01:23 AM
So what is the difference between the Pro, and the Mia?

Hey Annie,

The price point (Mia is a lot more reasonably priced) and from what I was told by my dermatologist, you need to order or purchase the pro from a doctor's office or health spa professional. The pro version uses the same brush heads as the Mia, but the pro has a larger handle and charging cradle that sits upright. The pro also has multiple settings for vibration, and I love that feature because I can control the speed of the bristles when I clean my face. The Mia has just one speed and it doesn't come with the upright cradle for charging, but instead something that is magnetic and sticks onto the end of the handle, and while being charged, the Mia needs to be positioned horizontally. The Mia is better for travel, versus the Pro.

HTH!

drako
10-20-2012, 09:26 AM
I have the Mia and I am on the fence. I really don't love or dislike it. I feel like my skin is cleaner but I didn't have any reduction in pore size or my blackheads on my nose didn't disappear as others have said. If I were to do it again I am not sure I would have splurged on something that I think is just ok.

emschwar
11-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Can I bump this up? I'd love some more opinions on the clarisonic, specifically the mia 2 (I think). My face is breaking out like crazy lately - it's gone from being dry to being insanely oily and I'm getting horrid zits, plus I have rosacea to make things even more fun. And sensitive skin too. The saleslady at sephora recommended the clarisonic, so I was thinking of asking for one for hanukkah. I just can't stand the acne anymore - at 36 years old I don't feel like I should be breaking out this much.

mackmama
11-02-2012, 06:10 PM
For those who use clarisonic and like it - what cleanser do you use with it? Just your regular cleanser, or a special one made for the clarisonic? It also looks like they now have the Aria which has 3 speeds.

LizLemon
11-02-2012, 09:49 PM
A couple Clarisonic questions:

Since having a baby, I have had this horrendous acne that seems to be hormonal at my jawline. Would the Clarisonic likely help with that?
In terms of travel, how long will the Mia2 last between charges if you are using it once a day? Twice?

Thanks!! :heartbeat:

amandabea
11-02-2012, 10:15 PM
For those who use clarisonic and like it - what cleanser do you use with it? Just your regular cleanser, or a special one made for the clarisonic? It also looks like they now have the Aria which has 3 speeds.
I just use my normal cleanser - either Origins or Murad.

A couple Clarisonic questions:

Since having a baby, I have had this horrendous acne that seems to be hormonal at my jawline. Would the Clarisonic likely help with that?
In terms of travel, how long will the Mia2 last between charges if you are using it once a day? Twice?

Thanks!! :heartbeat:
I use mine almost daily and only charge it once/month if that. I try to remember to take it with me when I travel.

amatahrain
11-02-2012, 10:46 PM
I used accutane when I was 18. My skin is weird in that it's oily in some place and dry in others. I wanted to love it but felt indifferent. It's collecting dust.

cilantromapuche
11-03-2012, 05:42 AM
another rave. I waa dubious but just bought it from the skinstore.com. While I don't have blackheads per se I did have Uneven texture. I can'tuse it every day but it has been a huge improvement.

Maxlee
11-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Anyone try the Clairsonic Aria?