PDA

View Full Version : Meatloaf in a muffin tin

boilermakermom
10-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Does anyone have a good meatloaf recipe? I personally, do not eat meatloaf. But DD and DH keep asking for it. I thought d d might eat it better if it was in a muffin tin.

Every time I make it, it comes out so greasy. Is it supposed to?

lmh2402
10-19-2012, 02:28 PM
these are actually really pretty good. DS loves them

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mini_meatloaves.html

i usually skip the pork and just do a mix of beef and turkey

stillplayswithbarbies
10-19-2012, 02:36 PM
I bake my meatloaf on a broiler pan so all the grease runs down below and it isn't sitting in a bath of grease.

KLD313
10-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Instead of bread crumbs use a half package of stove top chicken stuffing with quarter cup of milk over it to moisten it. Use the typical one egg per pound of meat, dont add salt beacause you get enough from the stuffing. It sounds like it might not be good but it is delicious. Everyone that had made this raves about it.

Twoboos
10-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Here is my Aunt's meatloaf recipe. If I make it in muffin tins, I usually bake for about 20-25mins. I have halved it before which I think makes 6 "muffins."

Auntie’s Meatloaf
2 eggs
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 teas fresh parsley chopped
1/4 cup ketchup
3/4 teas black pepper
1 teas. salt
1/2 teas. garlic powder
1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
2 lbs ground beef* 85%-90%
1/2 to 1 cup of water
Mix all together and the mix should be very soft and moist, if not add more water.* Pack the meat mixture into a loaf pan, or form into a loaf type shape and place in 9x13pan.
Bake, uncovered until the meat loaf is firm to the touch in the center and has pulled away from the sides of the loaf pan, 45 to 60 minutes @ 350 degrees.

rin
10-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Here's ours:

2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
8 oz mushrooms, diced
1 lb ground turkey
1/4 cup ketchup OR 1 small can tomato paste + teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup oatmeal
1 egg
dash garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2-1 teaspoon dried spices (we like thyme, basil, or Italian blend)

Preheat the oven to 375F. Saute the chopped onion in the olive oil until it's soft, then add the mushrooms and continue cooking until they're soft and have released their juice. In a big bowl, mix together the mushroom/onion mixture with the rest of the ingredients. Grease a jelly roll pan and form the meatloaf into whatever shape you want. Coat it with more ketchup and bake for 1 hour.

I don't see any reason you couldn't make this in muffin tins! If you really wanted to get cutesy, you could try doing it in cupcake liners and adding mashed potato "frosting" . . .