PDA

View Full Version : Really easy "truffles"

Twoboos
10-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Last Christmas my cousin made some of these truffles. They are SO easy and delicious. Obviously very sweet since they are made with Oreos.

I just made some for a party, and used white chocolate for the outer chocolate coating. They are AMAZING. I am going to do another batch with Nutter Butters and the semi-sweet chocolate. There are other variations as well, as well as themes (Christmas, snowmen, bride & groom).

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/oreo-cookie-balls-126799.aspx

infomama
10-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Oh aren't you fabulous. Making these this weekend with my girls! Where is the Nutter Butter recipe? DH would love those. Oh my...I have to make the lemon ones for Easter. www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/lemon-blossom-oreo-cookie-balls-124150.aspx

Twoboos
10-19-2012, 03:38 PM
I didn't see an actually recipe for the Nutter Butters, but I just got a pkg and plan to make them the same way. Crush, mix with cream cheese, coat with chocolate. And try not to eat them all. ;)

Those lemon ones look awesome!

Just wanted to say, I have to work on the coating. Mine did not come out as smooth and lovely as the picture. I'm hoping people at the party will be a few drinks in and won't notice how bad looking they are!!

infomama
10-20-2012, 06:01 PM
I made the Oreo one. My are horribly ugly but no one cares...they are delicious!
I didn't have any plastic bags so I had to crush the cookies with the back of a big spoon...what a PITA. Next time I'll have some zip-locks and use my rolling pin.

Twoboos
10-20-2012, 06:36 PM
I made the Oreo one. My are horribly ugly but no one cares...they are delicious!
I didn't have any plastic bags so I had to crush the cookies with the back of a big spoon...what a PITA. Next time I'll have some zip-locks and use my rolling pin.

I was in the same situation with the ziplocks! Luckily we had just finished a box of cereal, so I used the empty cereal bag and taped it shut, LOL.

The chocolate coating came out a little better on the second batch. I used 12oz of chocolate (instead of only 8oz, I think I had read the recipe wrong at first, or read the oz's wrong on the choc pkg). Having more definitely coated better.

Doesn't matter - they are so good!

infomama
10-20-2012, 07:16 PM
I was in the same situation with the ziplocks! Luckily we had just finished a box of cereal, so I used the empty cereal bag and taped it shut!

Dangit..why didn't I think of that?!

ehlana06
10-20-2012, 07:58 PM
I used 8 oz of chocolate it seemed to be enough, though I also halved the recipe. I had to re-melt it toward the end as it was beginning to harden. I can't wait to try them! The look so yummy!

queenmama
10-20-2012, 08:34 PM
These are so yummy. Someone made them for a class party in 2nd grade -- he's in 7th now and I haven't forgotten the first bite! haha! I've made them a few times and they're always a hit. Pretty rich, though, for an Oreo treat. I can only eat one (maybe because I sample too much of the batter? :p ).

infomama
10-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Batch #1 is gone. Moving onto nutter butters and golden Oreos. These could be trouble.

infomama
10-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Dipped the nutter butters in chocolate and they look like Buckeyes. Dd1 said they are officially better than the Oreo ones. I'm not even going near them after that review...I may not be about to contain myself.

bonbon98
10-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Here's another combo for you: Golden Oreos mixed in with strawberry cream cheese, then dipped in white chocolate.
I usually throw my Oreos in the food processor so it's a finer crumb, then use a cookie dough to scoop out the mixture before hand rolling them.

Twoboos
10-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Dipped the nutter butters in chocolate and they look like Buckeyes. Dd1 said they are officially better than the Oreo ones. I'm not even going near them after that review...I may not be about to contain myself.

Yah, people were going crazy over the PB ones! I only ended up having ONE at the party - I needed to pull and Elderly Aunt move and load them into a napkin and into my purse. :rotflmao:

Twoboos
10-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Here's another combo for you: Golden Oreos mixed in with strawberry cream cheese, then dipped in white chocolate.
I usually throw my Oreos in the food processor so it's a finer crumb, then use a cookie dough to scoop out the mixture before hand rolling them.

OK, those sound amazing!!!

I did the cookie dough scoop, too. Kept the size pretty uniform.

Now I'm going to be waiting for another event I "need" to bring these to!

infomama
10-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Yah, people were going crazy over the PB ones! I only ended up having ONE at the party - I needed to pull and Elderly Aunt move and load them into a napkin and into my purse. :rotflmao:

Ok..I tried one and I wasn't as impressed as the Oreo ones. Now..I used semi sweet chocolate chips on the pb ones and milk chocolate on the Oreo. Milk choco chips next time for the pb.