PDA

View Full Version : Really dh, you need my help for that?

crl
10-20-2012, 03:09 AM
At 11:30 pm, I am sound asleep. Because, you know, the toddler is going to wake me up at 5:30 am and I am the only one who can get up for that.

So when the dog has an accident in the crate, guessing because he got an apple from the ground outside when no one was watching, dh has to wake me up to help clean it up. Because he can't possibly manage that by himself. Because, you know, I never have to manage stuff like that by myself. Oh no. Never.

*$@)*&$(@.

Catherine

brgnmom
10-20-2012, 03:32 AM
Sorry, that sucks. :hug: :hug: he should have taken care of it himself, rather than wake you up.

Hopefully, your toddler might sleep in. :hug:

hillview
10-20-2012, 08:34 AM
wow that stinks! Put DH in the crate with the dog ...

MamaMolly
10-20-2012, 08:44 AM
I'd seriously return the favor 10 fold. Drive the point home that you handle this sort of thing on your own and he can put on his big boy underoos and handle it on his own when he's on duty.

elbenn
10-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Oh, man. That sucks.

flashy09
10-20-2012, 10:18 AM
I would wake him up at 5 30 am for help with the toddler. If he complains just explain how extra tired you are from helping with the dog and how little sleep that left you.

dogmom
10-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Is the crate in your bedroom? He actually woke you up to help with this?

Seriously, next time you are up with something you could easily deal with yourself so wake up his behind and drag him out of bed and say, "Now don't do that again."

crl
10-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Well, the todder miraculously let me sleep until 7 am but I came down to another accident in the crate. Poor doggy. I have sent an email to our neighbor whose kid lets the dog out on the days I am gone until 4 to see if she knows if he got an apple. (who knows why, but apples seem to cause diarrhea for our dog and there is an apple tree out front in our neighborhood so it is hard to avoid them sometimes).

So I DID wake dh up to help. I think he had gotten the message last night that I was not happy that he woke me up because he told me he had cleaned up another accident on his own and stayed up to take the dog out a few more times.

I just get frustrated that dh seems to routinely need my help for things that I do on my own all the time. (For example on the rare occasion that he is cooking a meal he always needs my help two or three times, to find something or to turn on the water to wash his hands because he has been handling meat, etc, etc.). How does he think I get these things done when he is not here, which is all the time.

Sigh. Reminding myself that dh does things I don't want to deal with (like keeping track of our finances) and works a bazilion hours and is a good guy.

Thanks for the sympathy!

Catherine

KLD313
10-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Apples can be toxic to dogs so maybe that's why the dog isn't feeling well.

As for your DH, my BF is the same way except he won't been help he'll just wake me up to take care of it. His excuse is they're my dogs so I should have to deal with them. However, that doesn't explain why he can't change our newborns diapers since he's part his.

I hope the dog feels better.

crl
10-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Apples can be toxic to dogs so maybe that's why the dog isn't feeling well.

As for your DH, my BF is the same way except he won't been help he'll just wake me up to take care of it. His excuse is they're my dogs so I should have to deal with them. However, that doesn't explain why he can't change our newborns diapers since he's part his.

I hope the dog feels better.

Thanks. No more accidents this morning so hopefully he is better.

I didn't know that about apples! I knew about chocolate, onions, and grapes/raisins, but I had not heard that about apples. We used to feed my childhood Golden apple slices occasionally with no ill effects so I was surprised when this dog had the reaction to apples. We do try very hard to keep him away from them, but there are apples all over our neighborhood (the kids throw them around so they are everywhere, not just under the tree) and he's fast at snatching them and swallowing even though he is on leash so he seems to get one three or four times a year no matter how hard I try. Well, we are moving soon, maybe no apple trees in our new neighborhood.

Catherine

KLD313
10-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Well, it's more leaves, stems and seeds and they have to be chewed so it's probably unlikely but who knows what these dogs get into. Mine are always doing something they shouldn't be.