PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Costume Party goody bag?

Twoboos
10-20-2012, 01:52 PM
DD1's bday party is a few days after Halloween. She's having a costume party so she can wear her Hermione get-up again. :D

Any ideas for the goody bag? Trying to keep away from B.O.C. stuff. So far I have a pencil and eraser (yawn). Thinking stick on mustaches, they seem to be everywhere right now and crack me up!!

Any good/cheap book ideas? I'd like to stick to the theme if possible, which makes it kind of tough. She'll be 9 (WHAT?!) and we're having the party here so I'm willing to spend a little more on the goody bags. So far it's 12 girls but we could make it to 20.

In the past I've done the Bday Party Fairy from the Fairy series and an American Girl book for an AG theme party.

baymom
10-20-2012, 07:20 PM
I gave Mad Libs for DS's party last month. I think it was $3.99 from Barnes & Noble. One book, one pencil and an organic lollipop--done! Since the kids have learned parts of speech in school, Mad Libs were perfect.

peanutbutternkelly
10-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Is B.O.C. "Bunch of Crap?" LOL. Since she's going to be nine maybe a cute flavored chapstick in each bag? Temporary tattoos are always fun. We just went to a halloween/birthday party (albeit the kids were 4) but they got Halloween straws, ring pops, tattoos, a little keychain... basically a bunch of crap but it was ok! I've given up expecting anything from goody bags. Used to go ALL out with theme etc... not anymore!

peanutbutternkelly
10-20-2012, 07:25 PM
The Mad Libs idea is great!

SnuggleBuggles
10-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Glitter nail polish and other glam stuff?

Twoboos
10-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Mad Libs, of COURSE! DDs love them - and let's be honest, so do I. ;)

Looks like they are a 4-for-3 on Amazon, and they have a bday theme one.

PBnK, yes BOC is Bag-o-Crap. I might do a chapstick/lipgloss, too.

Thanks for all the ideas!!