PDA

View Full Version : Pack'n play add-on mattress

MissPriss
10-20-2012, 02:28 PM
What add on mattress is best for traditional Graco pack'n play play yard? I've seen reviews for DreamOn and Mamadoo. Any others? We're using ours for DD2 crib until she sleeps through the night.

barkley1
10-21-2012, 08:10 PM
I was too nervous about SIDS to use one until DC were well over age 1, but I just had something generic from BRU and it's been fine...softer than the PNP itself, so they're not complaining. But, we aren't using it full time...

edurnemk
10-21-2012, 09:12 PM
I had the generic BRU one and DS slept well in it while he slept in our room (until 7 months). It fits the Graco PnP well and I wasn't worried about it being dangerous.

MissPriss
10-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks. We use halo sleep sacks and she sleeps on back so I feel okay about using one.

AJP
10-22-2012, 09:25 PM
We have the mamadoo one for the pack n play at my parents beach house. DS slept in it this past summer and loved it. He never slept in it with the original mattress. It was a tiny bit too big for our PnP (has the "bowed" out corners) but I just unzipped the cover and trimmed down the foam. It's a perfect fit now.

longtallsally05
10-23-2012, 12:20 AM
I have no advice; I just want to say it's about d@mn time that somebody came up with an idea like this. I wish I had a PNP mattress topper when my children were infants; it would have made life a lot better for all of us. My PNP has always had a large, apparently uncomfortable, lumpy ridge right down the middle of the mattress and my DC have never slept well on it. I'm not sure it's worth $50 now that DS#2 is 10 months and 25 lbs and very rarely is in the PNP. I would have purchased one in a snap if I'd seen this product a year ago.

KDsMommy
10-23-2012, 09:31 AM
I used a portable crib mattress in the PNP because that's all that was available when DS was a baby. It worked OK but was a little too small for the PNP.