PDA

View Full Version : Need a good Halloween game with rubber duckies

Fairy
10-20-2012, 07:08 PM
I wanna buy those rubber duckies and do a Halloween activity with them for DS's 2nd grade class (I'm the room mom doing the party).
http://www.orientaltrading.com/halloween-rubber-duckies-a2-25_3027-12-1.fltr?Ntt=halloween+duckies

Any ideas? I was thinking 7-up, but can't figure out how to work the duckies in. I do NOT wanna put them in a tub of water. I was thinking mark the bottoms of them to designate teams ... or winners of something ... but what game? Ideas?

SnuggleBuggles
10-20-2012, 07:42 PM
I wanna buy those rubber duckies and do a Halloween activity with them for DS's 2nd grade class (I'm the room mom doing the party).
http://www.orientaltrading.com/halloween-rubber-duckies-a2-25_3027-12-1.fltr?Ntt=halloween+duckies

Any ideas? I was thinking 7-up, but can't figure out how to work the duckies in. I do NOT wanna put them in a tub of water. I was thinking mark the bottoms of them to designate teams ... or winners of something ... but what game? Ideas?

Can you wrap up tge duckies in lots of toilet paper (maybe put them in a box to make it easier?) and have the kids race to unwrap their ducky mummies?

Fairy
10-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Can you wrap up tge duckies in lots of toilet paper (maybe put them in a box to make it easier?) and have the kids race to unwrap their ducky mummies?

Oof! I love the duckie mummies. I'm gonna try to work that in!

California
10-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Saw this at a carnival- rubber duckies in a wading pool, kids catch one with a net, each duckie had one of two colors on the bottom, and the kids pick a prize from the bag that matches the color on their duck. (Ducks then get returned to pool and kid keeps prize.)

Of course, if you are in the classroom the teacher probably would prefer the mummy idea!!

Seitvonzu
10-20-2012, 11:16 PM
just in case you DID come up with something w/ water i wanted to point out that these ducks do NOT float upright like normal rubber duckies.

we have several "theme" rubber ducks and it's super hit or miss about being upright, but i'm pretty sure that OT even says "these don't float" on the website

Fairy
10-21-2012, 03:46 PM
just in case you DID come up with something w/ water i wanted to point out that these ducks do NOT float upright like normal rubber duckies.

we have several "theme" rubber ducks and it's super hit or miss about being upright, but i'm pretty sure that OT even says "these don't float" on the website

Thank you, I did not know that. I am not doing water anyway, but someone may want to float these guys later. It may all be moot, my co-room parent is not warm and fuzzy on the idea, he wants simple coloring pages. So ... hmm. If I get my way, we'll be mummifying them and having a trivia contest.

SnuggleBuggles
10-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Thank you, I did not know that. I am not doing water anyway, but someone may want to float these guys later. It may all be moot, my co-room parent is not warm and fuzzy on the idea, he wants simple coloring pages. So ... hmm. If I get my way, we'll be mummifying them and having a trivia contest.
Not ducky related, but every class party I have run I have a guessing jar game. I fill something with a treat like M&Ms or candy corn and we go around the room and record answers on the board. It's especially fun in the lower grades bc the answers are super funny! Award a baby pumpkin to the winner and let all the kids share the treat.

Fairy
10-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Not ducky related, but every class party I have run I have a guessing jar game. I fill something with a treat like M&Ms or candy corn and we go around the room and record answers on the board. It's especially fun in the lower grades bc the answers are super funny! Award a baby pumpkin to the winner and let all the kids share the treat.

Love this, but no edibles allowed.

SnuggleBuggles
10-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Love this, but no edibles allowed.

You could always be mean and just take if home with you. ;). Bouncy balls, spider rings... ?

Fairy
10-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Well, it COULD be a great way to get rid of my spider rings that are all over my house each year! Maybe!