PDA

View Full Version : SO choosing premium denim cut?

mmommy
10-20-2012, 10:02 PM
I read the thread about premium denim the other day and was impressed with how many years some of you have worn the same pair of jeans. How do you choose a cut to make sure it won't go out of style?
I'm 5'4" and 125 lbs and pear shaped, if that matters, oh, and I'm pushing 40, which may matter too.... Any examples of what jeans I should be trying? I'm totally done having babies and looking to revamp my entire wardrobe!

SnuggleBuggles
10-20-2012, 10:14 PM
I think you should try different styles on and see what looks best on you. I know straight jeans are more on trend now but I feel like I also look good in boot cut.

specialp
10-20-2012, 11:14 PM
I am a very similar size and shape to you when not pregnant and straight legs and boot cuts look best on me (balance out my hips) and where I spend my $. I think a darker wash without a lot of fading is a more classic vs. trendy look to start out with and then add on from there to look at different colors or even the trendier cuts like skinny jeans which, for a slight pear shape, take a lot of trial and error. Go to a denim store and try on and see what works.