PDA

View Full Version : How crazy busy is DisneyLAND over the Christmas break?

citymama
10-22-2012, 03:09 AM
As posted in another thread, we're crazy last minute planners. So 2 months ahead of time is pretty good for us to be thinking of Disney. How crazy is it around the Christmas break? What would be the slowest days to visit between Dec 24 and Jan 2? I don't even know where to start. All I know is we're going to LA and American Girl Place and DW are on the itinerary! Oh, and I have no time to plan because of the crazy Fall ahead on the work and home fronts...:dizzy:

ETA DisneyLAND not world - oops!

WatchingThemGrow
10-22-2012, 06:00 AM
Do you mean WDW (FL) or DL (CA)? Disney World - don't do it. We were passing through Orlando the week before Christmas last year and went to MK n 12/21. Miserable. We did Sea World on 12/22 and it was completely sucky. Lines were mega long, wait times for quick service food were ridiculous, and walking THROUGH the park was 100% frustrating. At SW, ALL the shows from 2-6pm were full from people waiting in line since the last show let out. Horrid. On top of it all, you're paying top dollar to stay there and be in the middle of a cluster****. We won't be going again when the crowd levels are at a 8,9, or 10.

fivi2
10-22-2012, 08:33 AM
I believe that is *the* busiest time of year at wdw. As in, parks fill to capacity and close. Sorry. There are those that go and make it work, but I would invest in touring plans and be prepared!

Eta : I just realized you must mean DISNEYLAND... right? If so, disregard above -I have no info on dland.!

KDsMommy
10-22-2012, 10:42 AM
We went to DL once on NYE when I was a kid and it reached capacity...INSANITY!

I would never choose to go to the parks during the holiday weeks.

g-mama
10-22-2012, 02:09 PM
My friend went last year at that time and it was HORRIBLE. They drove from VA to FL and when they got to the parks, they would drive around looking for a parking spot for an HOUR. Then they'd get up to the gates and the park would be at capacity and not letting anyone in. They'd sit outside for two hours and finally get let in and you could hardly move.

Just don't do it.

citymama
10-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I expected to hear that. Thanks for the heads-up.

AnnieW625
10-27-2012, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't go especially since you live less than 8 hrs. away. I would do a 3 or 4 day weekend and go sometime in the middle of January to mid February. May, except Goth Days (which is usually around Mother's Day) and before Memorial Day is okay as well.

bisous
10-30-2012, 07:34 PM
INSANE. I know people who still go and who are okay with the crowds. My SIL went during Christmas week when the people were being turned away from the parks (over capacity) and she still had a good time. But it absolutely drives me bonkers. You couldn't pay me to go during the Christmas break again. I've learned my lesson!

NOW, the first week in January (usually after school starts back up) is an AWESOME time to go to Dland! Or at least it has been historically.

I've noticed that since Carsland opened this summer there are no days at Dland that are truly not crowded. We went on a random Monday in October a few weeks ago and I was surprised by the crowd levels and wait times.

Still, historically early December and early January are both good times to visit.