PDA

View Full Version : Any experiences with a Metopic Ridge?

MSWR0319
10-22-2012, 02:23 PM
I googled and I shouldn't have. I noticed last week DS has a bone running down his forehead that is starting to protrude. I feel like its very prevalent, but my sister didn't notice it until I pointed it out. From what Dr. Google says it may or may not require surgery. Now I'm panicking. We have DS's 6 month checkup next week so I'll get it checked then, but just wondering if others had any experience. Of course Dr. google could be wrong and there be another term, but I'm fairly confident that's what he's got.

kaharris83
10-22-2012, 02:33 PM
I was 100% absolutely convinced DS1 had this after spending some time with Dr Google. I drove DH crazy making him read about it and swearing that was why DS1 had a ridge. No one else noticed it until I pointed it out. We took him to the pedi who happened to have a med student with him that day who had two sons with Metopic Ridge. They both told me DS1 did not have it, he just had a cosmetic ridge that would probably go away as he got older. It has indeed become less prominent as he's gotten older. Though he has growth spurts where I notice it more than other times. All this is to say I have been where you are right now, totally convinced by Dr Google, only to find out he was wrong. I hope you find out the same. I highly recommend the Cranio-kids boards. They are very, very, very helpful. They will even give you their opinion if you post pictures of your DS. Good luck!!