PDA

View Full Version : Why does this happen?

mmsmom
10-22-2012, 07:42 PM
My husband has not been away overnight for work in at least 2 years. Our cat has not caught a mouse in 2.5 - 3 years when we last had a mouse problem. Why oh why do these 2 things now happen in the same night? How is that possible?

Finally got the cat to drop the mouse which thankfully was dead & got it in a dustpan to put in the outside trash. Totally grossed out for the rest of the night.

ellies mom
10-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Well, he just wants to make sure you are taken care of while the husband is away. He's bringing dinner. You are so unappreciative. ;)

I have to do all the dead animal removing. The only time my husband has disposed of a dead animal was once when I wasn't home and DD2 picked it up first. I just wish our cat would stop leaving them under the patio table. It is bad enough I have to pick it up, I really don't want to crawl after it.

hillview
10-22-2012, 08:17 PM
YUCK sorry!

kbud
10-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Oh I can totally relate! DH was out of town this weekend and I find a dead mouse at our front door. We don't even have a cat! I caught 2 lizards inside the house and disposed of another dead one too. I am used to lizards but the mouse...ewwwww! I had to kill a snake last weekend but that was because dh does not do snake!

rachelh
10-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Not nearly as gross as a mouse...or as scary as a snake....but when DH was away once, I noticed the grossest bug I have ever seen on my shower curtain one am as I was about to go into the shower. I ended up calling a neighbors husband over to kill it and made him actually show it to me in the toilet before he flushed it - I needed proof that he actually got it. This is all while I am standing there in my bathrobe. Neighbor has not let me forget it!

boilermakermom
10-22-2012, 09:00 PM
I understand as well. Both of the dogs are DH's bird hunting dogs. The younger one brings at least one dead bird to the backdoor a month. Disgusting. If you can train it to retrieve birds, then you can train it NOT to bring to the door.