PDA

View Full Version : Need a Gift for the Directors??

BabbyO
10-23-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm in a play and we open on Friday. In the past, other people have always coordinated the gift for the director. Well, somehow I'm coordinating both the gift for the directors and the cast bio-board. Both these items fell into my lap last night.

So the show is about a group of 3 aspiring playwrights attempting to write their own plays while attending a workshop instructed by a one-hit wonder of a playwright. As the show progresses each playwright begins to see the "Iconic" actors of the theatre performing their plays (Iconics - the hero, the woman of a certain age, the tomboy, academic, etc). Hilarity ensues as the plots from each play become entwined.

Our directors actually wrote this play, which is making its debut this weekend. We are planning on getting some gift cards, but in addition we thought it would be funny to get something "Iconic" to the theatre.

So I ask my good, friends. What is "Iconic" in your mind when you think of live theatre?

TIA!

pinkmomagain
10-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Iconic?

Drama/Comedy masks
Director's Chair
Playbill
Slate

For a playwright, it might be fun to get an old-fashioned typewriter.

HTH!

BabbyO
10-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks...those are some great ideas! I love the directors chair....

misshollygolightly
10-23-2012, 01:26 PM
I like the director's chair idea. Not iconic, but another somewhat thematically related gift could be nice, engraved pens or paper weights (perhaps engraved with the name/date of the play or a memorable quote from it).