PDA

View Full Version : Rotten kids...

Twoboos
10-23-2012, 11:40 AM
This morning we saw smashed pumpkins in the road.

Just checked the front door step - yep they are ours. DDs will be devastated. :(

Rotten kids!!! Luckily they only got two, the third must have been too big for them to pick up. Obviously they are also weaklings.

They weren't carved yet but REALLY?!? Our first Halloween in this n'hood - such a nice welcome.

lizzywednesday
10-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Ugh. That's always one of my fears and why I don't put them out 'til they're carved. Oh, and I buy them late.

Last year, we kept ours in our garage.

The year before, I was carving the morning of Halloween.

queenmama
10-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Those foam ones (that are "carvable" ) are looking better all the time.

So sorry. What little brats!

hellokitty
10-23-2012, 11:56 AM
That really, really sucks. I have been dreading if/when that happens to us, which is why I try to keep our pumpkins on our stoop and not by the sidewalk of our house where they would actually looks nice next to a small tree. Can you go out and get a few more pumpkins before the kids notice?

Twoboos
10-23-2012, 11:58 AM
That really, really sucks. I have been dreading if/when that happens to us, which is why I try to keep our pumpkins on our stoop and not by the sidewalk of our house where they would actually looks nice next to a small tree. Can you go out and get a few more pumpkins before the kids notice?

These were on our front stoop - BRAZEN little brats!!!

I am stuck here waiting for the Furnace service person to come. Maybe if there's time when he's done. I'm afraid the girls will notice, there was a lot of decision making involved with picking these two. You know how it goes! ;)

ellies mom
10-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Those foam ones (that are "carvable" ) are looking better all the time.

So sorry. What little brats!

Our blew away once. Luckily I was able to find them. I kept one whole and carved two. But then last year, DD2 manhandled the carved ones to death. I'm trying to decide if I want to replace them. I don't know if I would carve them again.

That is really a shame that they were broken. I don't get people sometimes.

Cam&Clay
10-23-2012, 12:32 PM
That infuriates me whenever I see that in the street around Halloween! How DARE they smash anyone else's pumpkins. Makes me so mad...

sidmand
10-23-2012, 12:34 PM
That's horrible. We live on a main road so it's unlikely they'd get the pumpkins we leave out, but I once had a party around this time and someone had to park on the street and got a pumpkin thrown through her car window shattering it!

liz
10-23-2012, 12:40 PM
:thumbsdown: I hate when kids do stuff like that. Sorry.

AJP
10-23-2012, 01:21 PM
That stinks. We found one of our neighbors pumpkins smashed at our driveway entrance and the next day when we put our out they smashed one from our driveway pillar in the same place. Hooligans!

♥ms.pacman♥
10-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Ugh, i feel for you. This hasn't happened in our neighborhood (yet!) but I have very vivid memories of it happening when I was a kid...literally on NOvember 1st, there would always be orange blotches all over the street, where on halloween night, groups of teens had taken all the pumpkins out from people's houses and smashed them with their cars. SO mean. I remember after a while we had to put our pumpkins in the window, we couldn't leave them out bc of these punks. Sorry, It sucks.

eta: to answer teh question of why some kids do this, i think a lot of this has to do with older kids/teens not having anything to do on Halloween night.. at least that's how it was in my neighborhood. i think once they're the age where they're too big for costumes & Trick or Treating, but they see everyone else out having fun they start to get bored and that's the only thing they can think of doing. That and TP'ing houses (that happened in our neighborhood too). :(

arivecchi
10-23-2012, 01:25 PM
So rude! Kinda glad we don't have neighbors as my kiddos would have been so sad if this happened. Hope you can find some replacements pronto!

belovedgandp
10-23-2012, 02:03 PM
I remember driving home from work way pre-kids and growling when I saw a pumpkin on the side of the road; thinking why do people do that? Got home and was more upset when it was my pumpkin.

While our kids take a ton of time to pick at the patch they don't normally remember details once they are at home and not comparing to all the other ones. Might be able to pull off a switch.

mommylamb
10-23-2012, 02:10 PM
That makes me so sad. Your poor kiddos. I just don't understand why kids do this sort of thing.

glbb35
10-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Ugh, so sorry about that. That totally stinks. I would like a kid to come up on our front porch and try that here. I have a camera facing the porch and would love nothing more to have the police show up at the morons house and let them know what their kids did.

It is as another poster said, nothing better to do. IT is awful that some parents have absolutely no clue as to what their kids are doing.

On a funny note, the first Christmas we lived here we put out our reindeer on the front lawn closer to the street (we have a steep front lawn) we came out one morning to find someone had taken two of the deer and mounted them on the backs of two other deer. DS #2 said "look mom, the deer are playing reindeer games". DH then replied "I wish I was playing that reindeer game!" ha! We quickly took them down and moved them closer to the house. :) lesson learned.

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 7/11

Twoboos
10-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Well, DH just brought home two new pumpkins. So the brats can try again!! I feel like we just put a sign that says SUCKER on our front lawn, LOL!

sophiesmom03
10-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Well, DH just brought home two new pumpkins. So the brats can try again!! I feel like we just put a sign that says SUCKER on our front lawn, LOL!

This used to happen every year in our old neighborhood. I started keeping the pumpkins inside except when they were lit on Halloween