PDA

View Full Version : are you dressing up this year (Halloween)?

elephantmeg
10-23-2012, 09:42 PM
I've become a Halloween fan the last few years (pirate, witch, Rapunzel) but this year I ordered a costume (instead of coming up with one from a thrift store etc). Morticia from the Addams family. Part of my job at work involves the morgue and I couldn't resist (plus I LOVE the Addams family).

http://www.wholesalehalloweencostumes.com/adult-costumes/womens-costumes/tv-and-movie/R15526-addams-family-morticia-adult-costume.html

Are you dressing up?

FWIW DS is the green lego ninjago and DD is a smurfette (I made both of their costumes)

bisous
10-23-2012, 09:46 PM
I bought a cute witch hat from Target for $12. I'll pair it with normal but witch looking clothing, (lol). I like buying a themed hat and wearing my own clothes. DS1 is going as Harry Potter. DS2 is Iron Man. DS3 is probably going as Hedwig (if I can get it together!). DH really wants to go as the yellow suit guy from Gangdum (sp?) Style video. :)

zoestargrove
10-23-2012, 10:34 PM
I made the kids ninja costumes and had extra fabric and figured I'd make one for myself.

Last year I was Prof. Trelawney from Harry Potter and the year before a Mad Scientist. My boys love when I dress up with them. It's fun!

KpbS
10-24-2012, 12:47 AM
I haven't been planning on it but totally should as the DC would love it. They have really been wanting DH to paint himself green and be the Incredible Hulk. :D

We're already an odd combo (like last year's Darth Vader, Elmo, and chicken(?), this year it's Robinhood, Superman, and a Garden Gnome. :)

lizzywednesday
10-24-2012, 09:16 AM
I most likely will not dress up this year because I can't think of anything that would go with a goldfish (and I am NOT dressing as a mermaid) ... but maybe next year or the year after that.

sunshine873
10-24-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm going to be a witch. DD is about as excited about me dressing up as she is about herself. ;)

sntm
10-24-2012, 11:44 AM
I usually love dressing up but could not find a princess Leia costume that wasn't a one-piece (not good for nursing a cranky Yoda.) So, bought a skirt off Etsy in a Star Wars theme - showed it to DS1 (clone trooper) who shouted "Boba Fett!" so I guess I did well.