PDA

View Full Version : Help me write Halloween trivia Qu's for 2nd-graders

Fairy
10-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Hey guys. I've moved on from the duckie mummies (which whomever gave me that suggestion, freaking awesome), and now I need to write ten trivia quesitons related to Halloween that a 7yo in 2nd grade could answer. I thought "What is the name that Ichebod Crane more commonly goes by" was a good one, but one of the moms doing the party with me thought not so much. Hmm. I'm open to suggestion. Anyone wanna help me write my questions? Please?

karstmama
10-24-2012, 12:19 PM
wow. sorta tough without going into religion & stuff. how about trivia centered on popular halloween classics? like - what are linus and sally waiting for in the pumpkin patch?

lisa928
10-24-2012, 12:23 PM
What about questions related to Candy like which candy is the most popular on Halloween? (Reese's Peanut Butter Cups I believe)

Or maybe questions related to pumpkins?

wellyes
10-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Are these too easy?

What country are mummies from?
What kind of monster is Dracula?
What do you call a witch who is a man?
Fill in the blank: "Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something ____"

vonfirmath
10-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Who is Ichebod Crane?

I guess it depends on what those 7 year olds have been reading in school.
My K student had a book about a bat named Stellaluna yesterday -- and then they went on to learn details about bats

You could ask "What do many kids do on the evening of October 31st"?

And etiquette questions like that. Maybe?
Questions about carving pumpkins. Roasting pumpkin seeds.
What other things are made out of the stuff you take out of pumpkins (looking for pumpkin pie of course! Maybe people save the insides of all their pumpkins from Oct 31 to make pie for Thanksgiving!)
The colors of Halloween.

mommylamb
10-24-2012, 01:18 PM
What's another name for Halloween? (All Hallow's Eve)

Fairy
10-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Yes, meta-stuff for Halloween is fine, like pumpkins and the great pumpkin is a great one! Thanks for these! I definitely have great stuff to go on here.