PDA

View Full Version : For those who shop at Barnes & Noble

mik8
10-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Just as a precaution.

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=OBR&date=20121024&id=15708083

infomama
10-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks! Heading there today..I'll use cash.

brittone2
10-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah, it took some digging this morning to see what stores were involved because that list was not the easiest to find. Probably because B&N chose not to alert customers, they said they went to the banks to alert them instead.

The Good Morning America website had up the list of stores.

Twoboos
10-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Drat, I was just there Monday! Mostly used gift cards but also a cc.

I already try to avoid B&N due to their crappy web/B&M return policies. This makes me even more mad at them!

Ceepa
10-24-2012, 11:01 AM
List of identified stores

http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com/press_releases/10_23_12_Important_Customer_Notice.html

FTMLuc
10-24-2012, 11:11 AM
The store I shop at was on the list :( I most likely used a cc

pinkmomagain
10-24-2012, 11:51 AM
The store I shop at was on the list :( I most likely used a cc

Me too. It was a store I don't normally visit, but was in there 2x in the past couple of months. I'm just going to keep an eye on my statement and hope for the best!

baymom
10-24-2012, 12:09 PM
My store is on the list, too! :mad: I've gone at least 4 times since school started. Will have to keep an eye on my statement..

wildfire
10-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks for posting the list, I saw the story but not the stores involved. Mine is not on the list. Whew!!

The article I saw said that you should change your pin and seemed like it was only debit cards?

octmom
10-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks for posting this. I have not shopped at one of those B&N stores, but I shop at the one in my town often. BofA sent me an email this morning indicating that they changed my Visa account number and were sending me new cards. I called to follow up and they said there had been possible c.c. fraud, but couldn't tell me the retailer. I suppose they are beinf cautious and changing account numbers for all of their customers who used cards at B&N stores.

Momit
10-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks for posting this. I have not shopped at one of those B&N stores, but I shop at the one in my town often. BofA sent me an email this morning indicating that they changed my Visa account number and were sending me new cards. I called to follow up and they said there had been possible c.c. fraud, but couldn't tell me the retailer. I suppose they are beinf cautious and changing account numbers for all of their customers who used cards at B&N stores.

Same exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago. When I read the article I also wondered if it was BN. I don't shop their B&M very often but had been in there a few times in the last month or two.