PDA

View Full Version : I tried....I really really tried....but I just can't do it!

AnnieW625
10-24-2012, 12:39 PM
I can't order Christmas cards in October. I just can't do it. I thought I was close last night, but the photo I wanted to use wouldn't upload to Tiny Prints (they were having an additional 25% off--expired 10-23 at 11:59pm PT, plus the Costco 20% off), and while I do have a draft of a few different options at multiple companies (Tiny Prints, Costco, and Shutterfly) I just haven't found one template or one photo that I am truly in love with. Oh and I love that Zazzle has thousands of options and great prices (use code "allcardssale" for 50% off) I wish they had better search options.

I salute all of you who are ready and who are done, but I am just not there yet.

Melaine
10-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Ha Annie, you are such a tease. I thought you were trying to keep from sharing some news.

I am totally with you, I even went to upload photos and put them in to templates. I just feel like it's so early, that I want a newer pic of DC, especially since DS will be changing a lot, ykwim? Plus I am just not that organized and I'm not sure anything will change that!

wendibird22
10-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm right there with you. My excuse is that we take family pics for DD2s birthday which isn't until 12/16 so that permits me to wait until early December to get them going.

brgnmom
10-24-2012, 03:50 PM
I can relate! In my case though, we don't even have a family picture taken or selected yet for the Christmas card. Lol. This year, we are planning on taking one at home with a simple tripod that dh recently picked out. Last year, we went to JcPenney's and my dd wasn't all that happy waiting around for 1-2 hours, even though we had an appointment.

kaharris83
10-24-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm usually all over it by now and get them mailed out right around Thanksgiving. This year DS2 isn't due to arrive until December 3 so we have to push our holiday cards back.

LMPC
10-24-2012, 04:24 PM
I just ordered mine. This might just be the first year they get there before the new year :)

maestramommy
10-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Another last minute shopper here. We don't even take our photo until after Thanksgiving. Dh is one of those ornery, "No summer pics in the holiday photo!" kind of people.

echoesofspring
10-24-2012, 06:26 PM
lol - Given that I'm about to be seriously underemployed with time on my hands, I should be have this on my list of things to do in the next couple of weeks, especially with DD coming right at Xmas, but yeah, I'm right there with you!

katydid1971
10-24-2012, 06:30 PM
I've already ordered mine and I picked up the stamps for them last week at Costco. I only have 2 gifts to still buy but that's mostly because its my dad and FIL and there is nothing either need or want. If the world wouldn't totally judge me I would get out our Christmas decorations the day after Halloween, just like the stores do ;)