PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT turn on the AC

mytwosons
10-24-2012, 08:08 PM
DH, I admit it was a glorious fall day, but even though it was warmer than usual, it stayed in the 70s. When you see it is now 79 in our house, open the windows instead of turning on the air. You have not been employed for 4 yrs, but you still don't hesitate to waste money.

AJP
10-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Oh I feel for you. Its maddening! My DH was doing the same thing. I had to get into our bedroom before he went to be to make sure the windows were open because for some idiotic reason he would turn on the AC even though it was cooler outside!! I'm sick of seeing the electric bill after running the AC for almost 5 months!

Snow mom
10-24-2012, 09:14 PM
It's considerably warmer here (gets into the mid 80s inside almost daily) and I had to tell DH the same recently. We turned off the A/C the first week of October and I'm determined that it won't come back on again until at least April. Soon enough we'll want to turn on the heat and there is something very insulting about running A/C one day and heat the next.

kijip
10-28-2012, 02:34 AM
I have the opposite issue. It's definitely NOT in the 70s here. More like 50s. And wet. And my husband thinks it is warm inside (without the heat on) and opens the freaking window. So then it feels like we need the heat. Several times now I have almost turned on the heat only to realize a window is open. We don't usually need the heat till November so please leave the window closed.