PDA

View Full Version : Any toys similar to an iPhone?

ourbabygirl
10-24-2012, 09:18 PM
So our kids (ages 2 & 4) *love* playing with my and my husband's iPhones, and I'd love to get them some similar knock-off version for Christmas. We had an old iPhone that we let DD play with (not on a plan or anything, it basically just had some apps and she was able to take pictures with it). Well, the screen is now black, so I don't know that we can bring it back to life. ;)

This is probably such a stupid question, but is there anything similar that we could give our kids to play with? I would look for a little kids' camera for DD (or both of them), but after using the iPhone, everything just seems so childish. :ROTFLMAO:

What do the rest of you get your kids who love playing with your phones?

Thanks!

happymom
10-24-2012, 09:56 PM
How about an Ipod touch? DD loves playing with mine! Or were you looking for something much cheaper?

eno0609
10-24-2012, 10:02 PM
V-Tech Innotab?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007XVYO3I/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=1278548962&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004VJNRKG&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=15AND8KJV5X89AQWV95P

alexsmommy
10-28-2012, 06:36 PM
I never, ever, EVER thought I'd consider an idevice with a screen for my 5 y/o and 2 y/o but they fight constantly over my ipad and iphone. I'm seriously considering a family ipad. DS2 has my old iphone, but it does not support some of the apps he loves...
So yes, if you only have the iphones I'd consider a touch.
It shocks me to write that, but I've loaded 95% educational games and they love them..

alexsmommy
10-28-2012, 06:43 PM
I never, ever, EVER thought I'd consider an idevice with a screen for my 5 y/o and 2 y/o but they fight constantly over my ipad and iphone. I'm seriously considering a family ipad. DS2 has my old iphone, but it does not support some of the apps he loves...
So yes, if you only have the iphones I'd consider a touch.
It shocks me to write that, but I've loaded 95% educational games and they love them..

KrystalS
10-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Honestly once your child has played with an iPhone or iPad other devices just aren't the same. We have a 1st gen ipad that has been passed down to the kids, plus 2 old 3g iphones. Still can't believe those phones have held up so long. I would suggest an ipod touch or just get your phone fixed. You would be surprised how cheap it is.

You have to look into the cost of the device plus the cost of all those extra games. After awhile those add up. There are so many free-$1.99 apps vs $15 for the leappad games.

ourbabygirl
10-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! We do have some Apple stores nearby, so I could see how much it would cost to get it fixed. DH also has an old iPod touch, but he uses it in the car for his music (he keeps it plugged in to use for his music). :shake:

We'll get something figured out for Christmas... at least I have some time to figure it out! :)

Thanks again!